Chapter Twenty-Two

LISA

"Is it that bad to dance with me?" I snap while gripping the steering wheel tightly more than I used to do when I drive. After we bid goodbye to my best friends, my dearest wife doesn't utter even a word since then. Not to mention, she doesn't even spare me a glance as if I were some shit she is disgusted to look at. I mean I love the halcyon time when she is quiet because she always is the talkative one between us, but the way she acts as if I weren't worth her time anymore gets me exploded with anger.

"I didn't say anything about the dance,"

Ah, the princess eventually decides to open her mouth.

Her eyes are focused on the road as though she were the driver here and not me.

"What's wrong with you and your mood swings, huh?" I grit my teeth, trying to calm myself down.

She whips her head to me with an angry face to the point that I get a flinch for the first time since our marriage, "I am not the one who has the damn mood swings here if you are curious. Ask yourself who changes from coldness to hotness in a second as if the cold one never exists in the world." She licks her lips a little, wetting it with her tiny kitten tongue, making me smirk in response.

"So, you are finding me hot?" I give her a smug grin. The one I know she gets annoyed easily by it.

To my surprise, she snorts, turning to look at me. "It's-"

"Come on, Jennie. If you find me hot, it's okay, though, you have the right to think so." I cut her off, causing her to widen her eyes in disbelief. "You are so damn cocky about yourself. It's just a metaphor, idiot."

I grab her small hand, placing them on my thigh, "I am not fond of someone calling me an idiot or other stupid names. Be careful with your tongue here, kitten."

She wiggles, trying to release her hand from me, but I don't give up even though she doesn't give in yet. "And, you have the right to call me 'kitten'?"

"Yeah," I shortly answer her.

After a while, we arrive at our driveway as I finally release her hand not after brushing the back of her hand a little.

She gets pissed as she slams the car door, running inside.

Before I enter my bedroom, I hear a yell from behind me, "Where are my fucking mattress, blanket, and pillows?"

Biting my lips to hide my smile, I turn back. "In our bedroom," She furrows her brow at my response before firing back, "I want to sleep in my bedroom, and there is no our bedroom here if I remember."

"I don't care. You are my wife, and we should sleep in the same bed, or you want our parents to know that we are separated and sleep on different beds. I don't believe they will be thrilled about that." I feel a little terrible to get our parents in between, but god, forgive me, I really enjoy this so much.

"If you don't tell, no one knows." She states calmly.

"I am afraid I will because as I know my parents spend a lot of money for me to get warm when I am cold, you know? So, I don't want to waste their effort." I smirk, brushing my forefinger on my bottom lip, causing her to get more pissed at my strange behavior.

"What are you talking about?" She asks, her brows knitting together in confusion.

"I can't believe you don't understand this," I grab her body against me, tightening hers into mine for a damn satisfying second to the point I don't want to release her at any moment, but I have to. After all, I have to control myself from this stupid behavior since the day I touched her body.

Her face reddens in anger or maybe blushing, so I go with the latter. I want to think that I still make her blush when I am near her.

"W-what are you doing?" She stammers nervously. Yeah, that's right. She's shy.

"Show you how to transform my body into warmth when I am cold at night."

When she understands what I am talking about, she blushes, even more, hiding her face under her hands, "Oh god, you are such a pervert. I have never known that this personality of yours exists."

I laugh at her adorable state, not caring that she shoots me a dead glare right now. "As I said, I don't like someone calling me names, especially bad names. Moreover, I am not just hugging some women out there. Remember, you are my wife, and I have all rights in the world to do anything I want to you." I smirk as her mouth opens in shock. Maybe, I drank a few glasses of wine at the party. That's why it feels so smooth to talk something like this, especially to her.

"Okay, I'll sleep on the couch." She murmurs before I grab her wrist again. "You are not allowed to sleep anywhere besides on the bed in our bedroom, and it starts from now."

As I finish, she storms inside before jumping on the bed as I follow her and lock the door. I have Mr. Yang transferred everything to my bedroom this evening since I don't have time to, and when I asked him a favor to do that, he was more than willing to do so, saying that we shouldn't have slept in different rooms in the first place, but luckily he promised not to tell anybody about that, especially my parents. They surely will scold me for that even though I told them that this was what we wanted, and I don't want that anymore.

I climb on the bed beside her after taking a bath and change my clothes. Unconsciously, she turns to my side, and her chest rises up and down when she breathes.

"Jennie Kim, how stupid am I not to notice your beauty, huh? I am such an idiot like you said, but I don't want to be that anymore." I mumble, brushing the soft skin of her cheek with my thumb before falling in a deep slumber.