Chapter Forty-Five

LISA

Jennie and I have got along so well these past few weeks, and I am sure that my courtship towards her is in flourishing progress at the moment; I have to work a little bit harder to show her that I really want her to accept my apology for my past behavior as well as my love to her in the presence and in the future and forever.

I have to admit that the word 'love' tastes a bit strange for me, though, but if it means I have got to have Jennie to be my, as cliché as it is, first love, I would do anything to deserve it. The fact that I have never done that before to any woman makes it sound laughable since I came out as gay for a long long time ago. Truthfully, the commitment of being in a relationship never sounds as much as tempting as it is to me right now.

I love complications in work, the competition, and stuff because it means I have to do the hard work to win and get the reward, and I am fond of being a winner in the business industry to make my family, especially my dad proud of me. On the other hand, when it comes to relationships, the reward is the person you desire, and what the point to compete when you have already won most of the time?

Not bragging, but money, properties, and fancy things come in hand to help me with all of that, and the reward is kind of boring to me, don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound like an asshole, but it's just how life works. You get to work harder, have dreams, achieve it, and everything will come along.

Fortunately, Jennie is different. She shows me no interest in my money and stuff I believe most women desire, and I hate myself for stereotyping every woman for that.

Jennie is the most precious gift my mom has for me. She believes that I would be the happiest woman in the world if Jennie is my wife. She told me all the time when I was about to turn down the marriage that she arranged for us. If it's not for her, I will never know the real meaning of love. She really has the best for me all the time. Talking about her, tonight she invites us to have dinner at the mansion.

"Jennie, are you ready?" I ask, waiting for my wife to come out of her room so that we can leave now. I glance at my wristwatch, and it's already six o'clock in the evening.

Suddenly, the door cracks open, revealing my beautiful wife in a simple white dress and a slight makeup applying on her baby face. She definitely has two sides. A baby when no makeup. The hottest woman I have ever seen when she wears makeup and some dress that gives volume to her perfect curve.

"Lisa, let's go." She says, having me out of my thought as I lean down to kiss her right cheek. These days, I am a bit touchy towards her, and luckily, she doesn't complain about it.

After an hour of driving, we arrive at my parents' mansion. When my mom spots us, her eyes beam with happiness. Then, she walks to our ways, greeting us with her glorious enthusiasm. "Lisa." She hugs me, giving both of my cheeks a kiss, and she does the same to Jennie. "You look beautiful tonight, honey." Jennie smiles shyly, and mom walks us to the dining room.

A few maids prepare our dinner, and Jennie's mom and her brother, Taehyung, are also there. Jennie rushes towards them with the cutest smile ever. Maybe, she misses her family so much because she rarely has the time to talk to them.

I didn't pay enough attention to think about it. I am such a bad wife, right?

"Lisa, Jennie, sit down. We haven't met each other for so long, and we know you are busy with your work, and the newly wedded couple needs to spend time together, and we don't want to interrupt something. So, tell us if we bother you guys, especially you. Lisa." Dad teases me as soon as I sit beside him and Jennie next to me.

I smirk in response, "Dad, glad you know." I fire back, getting a pinch on my arm from Jennie.

"See, this kid! She is still as competitive as ever." Dad laughs as everybody follows. The maids leave as the dining table is already full of many different foods and a ton of my favorite dishes which I know my mom is the one who prepares. She knows me well. "Jennie, I believe you have a hard time when it comes to her, right? Has she shown you any things you don't like yet? Tell your father in law now." He says in a serious tone, and again, he makes everybody burst into laughter, leaving only me, the only one, who tries my best from getting angry with Mr. Manoban, my dad.

"Dad!" My cheeks burn in embarrassment. I can't believe this old man harassing his only daughter in front of her in-laws. "Alright, maybe, I should stop the joke now. Let's eat first before we go to the serious thing we need to talk today." He finishes as we start to eat.

Ms. Kim is so nice and sweet, asking both of us to take care of our health since it's winter while Taehyung seems to be too possessive over his sister, and he warns me many times to look after and love his sister as much as possible, or he'd threaten me if I am not, in a fucking friendly way that our parents can't take it seriously but laugh, and I recognize it too well to know he doesn't joke about it at all.

A bunch of his jokes is like:

"Lisa should look after my little girl well because I remember one time in high school, I almost killed a fourteen years old boy for only glaring at my girl." Then, he laughs after that.

"I punched him a few times."

"I accidentally knocked a guy out when he flirted with Jennie in tenth grade."

After every 'joke' he thinks he has made he always grins, gazing at my way.

Tell me, if you also think it's funny and hilarious like everybody perceives them right now.

Anyways, I'd make sure to tell everyone something that comes from the bottom of my heart, and I would do my best to keep my promise, and it causes everyone to pause for a few seconds because they are not expected I would say that, "I love Jennie, and I will do everything to make her happy and satisfied even if it costs my life."

They should hear it from me.

Jennie Kim needs to know that I will never take her for granted.