Chapter Thirty-Three

JENNIE

After washing up a bit, I walk out of the bedroom, clad in a simple yellow sundress that reaches just above my knees with matching-color sandals. "Lisa," I call when she is looking at her phone attentively, and apparently not knowing my presence right now.

As soon as she hears my voice, she glances up. Then, her eyes roam my body from head to toe as my cheeks burn due to her intensive gaze. "What's wrong? Should I change or something?"

She shakes her head a few times before getting up from the couch, "U-uh, no. It's u-uh perfect," Scratching her nape a little, she offers her hand for me to hold, "Let's go," A proud smile plasters on her face before I shyly accept it.

Given the fact that this is the weekend, there is so crowded in the supermarket, and everyone is here to buy their stuff. Putting some snacks in the shopping cart, I realize that I have bought a few things already, but Lisa still acts so spacing out holding the cart like a creepy woman out there, and the weird thing is she always looks at me and smiles. What's wrong with my face?

"Lisa, why are you always looking at me? Is there anything on my cheeks or something?" I have asked the same question for nearly a hundred times already since we entered the place. She shakes her head in response.

Again.

The same question and all I get is a nod from her. "Lisa, I am not being rude here, but you look ... creepy when you do that," I halt, finally having the gut to state the truth.

"Huh?" Her brows knit together in confusion. She looks as innocent as ever. "What did I do? I am just walking and looking for some ingredients to cook for you. You said-"

I cut her rant off by stopping in front of her and taking a breath before giving her an explanation, "Just so you know, what you need to buy is there," I point at the stuff she should buy, "Not here," Then, finally pointing at my face to knock some sense to her because apparently, she doesn't know what she has been doing since we went inside the mall.

"O-okay," She looks away from me before turning back to me again. "Sorry, Jennie, I just u-uh want to make s-sure that u-uh there is nothing on u-uh-"

"It's okay, Lisa. Really. Just buy what you need because I am starving right now,"

"Jennie, I just need to-"

I hold my hand up, "No, Lisa. You don't need to explain. It's okay," She glances away before nodding and finally gets some vegetables, pork, and some more ingredients.

An hour passes by, we have everything we need, and I am about to get the money out of my purse when we get our things to the cashier, but Lisa holds my hand tightly, preventing me from taking it out, "Are you trying to embarrass me? I am your wife; it's my responsibility," She frowns, taking out her black card from her wallet.

"Lisa, I have some cash. It's much more convenient to pay by cash," I reason out, but she ignores my statement and smiles instead. As I follow her gaze to why she starts her creepy behavior again, I realize that the blonde cashier in front of me looks at Lisa as if she wants to 'eat' her here and then if there are no people in the mall.

Oh, my goodness!

I have got to tell everyone that it's like in the drama where the main characters make eye contact with one another and then falling in love at first sight. Well, the difference is I am here, and I won't let it happen. I pinch Lisa's arm a bit harshly as she whines, "Ouch!" The blonde widens her eyes and proceeds to do her job.

"What's wrong?" She leans down to whisper to me. Maybe, embarrassed that she couldn't play it cool in front of the girl anymore. "I don't know you are the kind of person who is always flirtatious like that, Lisa."

She scowls, then a big ugly smirk appears on her face. "I don't know you are the person who is likely to be jealous like that, Jennie."

"No, I am not!" I walk away when she calls my name a few times, but I don't stop as I am at the entrance now. After a while, she catches up, panting. "Jennie, wait for me. You are being so mean. You can't just go away while I am running behind you like a lost puppy and not to mention these stuff," She glances at the plastic bags she is holding.

I put my hands on my waist, "As I said, I am so freaking starving right now,"

"And, we are about to bring it back to the hotel room, and I am going to cook for you, and you can eat-"

She doesn't understand her mischievous behavior with that cashier, does she? "Lisa, I know about that, but what I am trying to say here is that I don't have time to watch you and that girl looking at each other like some horny teenagers right there." As soon as the word comes out of my mouth, I know I can't take it back. Again, since when did I learn those inappropriate words?

Lisa grins widely with a cocky smile on her face that I want to wipe that off her immediately, "What?" My voice comes out a little louder as people stop to glance at us as if we had some argument on the street.

"Sorry, my wife gets a little jealous with me," She playfully bows to the passersby as they laugh in response.

I hit her shoulder when some stranger utters, "Jealously means she loves you, man. You want to make it up to her tonight,"

Lisa raises her hand up in an 'okay' sign as if she knows that stranger along time ago, "I will," Then, they burst out into laughter together before he walks away. As she looks at me, I shoot her a dead glare, "You talked as if I were not here," Then, not wanting to hear more tactics from her, I literally run away from the place and enter the hotel room as fast as possible.

Is she really the Lisa I met when I was young? I remember the one I have known doesn't have the flirtatious behavior like that!