Chapter Fifty-Four

JENNIE

There have been two weeks now since I didn't go to work because I was told not to, according to my health, and I am so damn bored when Lisa has to go out on a business trip for a few days or even a meeting for a full day. The downside of having a CEO wife, though.

However, my emotional and physical health have been tremendously improved. Thanks to Lisa. She takes care of me so well. She always checks on me a few hours at a time when she is at work to make sure I am okay.

So, today I figure I should go and surprise her at the company with the lunch I have spent time making after she left this morning. All of the food has prepared. I smile as I put them inside the car, driving off. I arrive not long after that since there is not much traffic today.

As I walk to the elevator, many staff look at me in confusion, but I pay no more attention because they might not know me since I have known but never been here before.

"Jennie?" I turn to see a man running towards me. As he gets closer, my smile widens. It's Bam, Lisa's best friend. Luckily, I don't have to go around, asking anyone if they can accompany me to my wife's office. "Bam, good to see you here." He grins, slipping in the elevator beside me, pushing a top floor button before talking, "I guess you come here because of Lisa, right?"

I hold up the big plastic bag that has a few Tupperware inside in front of us. "I bring Lisa lunch, maybe, you could join too." He smiles, taking it from me. "Let me help you. Lisa said you are not so well."

"Yep, but I feel much better now." I answer as we are waiting until the elevator reaches our destination. So, we step outside to see an enormous floor with fancy and elegant decoration out there. I smile. It really suits Lisa. Actually, it's her taste. "It's so beautiful." I state while Bam is beside me as he leads the way. "Yeah. Uncle Marco was the one who designed this, but after Lisa took over, she does it up here and there to make it this way."

The surrounding is so quiet since it's lunchtime, and everyone is out for lunch. That makes me feel a bit scared that Lisa might have already left as well. As if he could read my mind, Bam asks me. "Have you told Lisa that you are here?"

I shake my head, making him smile in response. "Lucky for you, she hasn't left yet." He points to the door that has the letters 'CEO' on it.

Bam steps away for me to push the door and the sight in front of me streaks me to the core. The worst scenario that I haven't thought of before is in full view. I wish Bam had been the one who opened the door and told me to leave instead.

The woman's legs are widely apart around my wife's waist. I haven't seen my wife's face yet, but her back tells me that I couldn't be more right than now. The suit she had worn this morning before she left.

Everyone can have a similar back and the same suit, right?

YES!

NO!

The suit is the one I helped her choose and put it on her this morning, so it's certainly her. I couldn't be wrong; not to mention the fact that someone else could possibly have the gut to fuck in the CEO room in the daylight is beyond belief.

I still have no idea what to say for just a few seconds when I feel the girl's eyes look at me without even shocking. She even smirks and tightens her grip on the latter's neck. She turns her head to brush her lips against the naked skin of Lisa's neck, still not releasing her gaze from me.

She wants to torment me intentionally, and she does a good job at it.

"Somi, hold on. Let me look at your-" Lisa's voice only makes me feel even more nauseous and disgusting because I have no right to deny anymore that it's her. Luckily, I don't have to listen to her anymore because she is cut off by her best friend.

Suddenly, Bam steps in. I think he still doesn't know what his best friend has done now because his voice is so loud and cheerful. "Lisa, look who is here!" As soon as she hears her best friend calling, she turns back. "Bam, it's good you are here. Come help-" Her face goes pale, and her lips are trembling if I am not wrong it's not because of me, I guess. It's rather because of my stupid tears that make her embarrassed.

"Jennie." She calls my name after brushing her mistress's legs off of her.

Fortunately for her, they haven't taken off their clothes yet. It's so ashamed and damn painful to experience this kind of thing.

"Your dad leaves us because he has someone else, Taehyung."

Out of nowhere, mom's voice echoes my head. The time, I hid behind the door to listen to my mom and my brother's interaction. I cried until I passed out back then. Since then, I started to question myself about what happened that day because I need to know to actually move on.

It's so funny that no matter how much I tried I couldn't get a clue, but it has to be the day I face it myself to actually remember the truth to move on from my dad...and from the person I have never thought I could stop loving her if I wanted.

I take a step back as she rushes towards me, grabbing my hand between hers. "Jennie, baby. Listen to me. It's not what you think." She wipes my tears away, and I hate myself that I let her touch me again after what she has done. "W-why are you crying?" She stammers.

"Lisa, what are you doing?!" Bam tries to control his anger while pacing around, and Somi still wears the same smirk since she saw me.

Lisa turns to Bam, almost yelling. "What am I doing? I just try to help Somi because-"

"Don't lie to them, Lisa." Somi cuts her off as Lisa whips her head to Somi as if she had killed someone. "What are you talking about, Somi? We didn't do any wrong. Why would-"

"It's enough!" I shout. Everyone looks at me as I continue. "Lisa, you can do whatever you want. But, please give me some respect. Maybe, a divorce paper for me to sign before you cheated on me." I push her hands away.

It's now my time to move on from everything and everyone who hurts me, I guess.

"What?!" Lisa's shout nearly breaks the room, but I pay no more attention because I decide to leave.

Life is suffering.

It's not as good as we have expected.