Chapter Eighteen

LISA

Trying to catch up with her, I hurry to the door of the bathroom since she hasn't answered me yet whether she believes me or not, "Jennie, I swear I told you the truth." I knock on the door a few times before giving up and leave her alone.

I do want to try to love her, but do I really need to try?

Fuck! I've got a headache, thinking about that. It's so complicated.

"You glanced away when you changed her clothes?!!!" Bam laughs while clutching his stomach, not acknowledging the fact that I am glaring at him with anger. I just told him, or more like confessed to him that I start to give Jennie a chance, and something that happened between us last night. This crazy friend of mine doesn't even get sympathetic towards me, but he thinks I was ridiculous.

"What's so funny about that?" I ask, sitting beside him on the couch in my office. When he stops laughing, he looks at me, trying to figure something out. "Lisa, I don't want to think you are weird, but why did you need to close your fucking eyes, huh?" he points at my eyes, using his two fingers as I swat them away.

"She was unconscious, and I didn't want to be a pervert!" I explain to him, taking a sip of my coffee.

After taking a shower, I hurriedly came to my office to discuss that topic with him, and now I just realize that it was a bad idea. He knows nothing.

"Lisa, you and Jennie are married. A few months already if I am not wrong, and you act like you have never touched her since-"

He pauses with big round eyes like an idiot, "Or, you haven't?"

I look away. Today, I have no intention to tell him more than that. "Well, I think I have many works waiting for me to do immediately, Bam. Please get out of my office right now." I put back my cup on the coffee table before heading to my desk.

"Lisa, you are so rude when it comes to your best friend, you know. It's okay, though because I am not the one who warms your bed every night, but make sure to serve your wife right; otherwise, you won't have her with you when you feel cold." He laughs again, not caring the fact that I am kicking him out of my office, or rather from this company in a few seconds if he continues to tease me.

"BAM! You want to work here, or you want to transfer to Jisoo's company, huh?" I ask.

"My dad is the big person here too, don't you remember?" He smirks.

"If I tell him how much you go out at night, and how many women you-"

"Alright, monkey. Stop blackmailing me. I am going to my office now, okay? Oh, by the way, Jisoo invites us to her anniversary party tonight. She told me to inform you since she is busy preparing stuff for her special night, so hope you don't mind." He stops before adding in enthusiasm, "Don't forget to bring your wife along. Jisoo and Chaeng will be furious if you don't." He flings outside, leaving me sighing in frustration.

No one understands me.

Then, I dive into my works until four o'clock in the evening. I take my jacket from the chair, before putting it on, heading to my white BMW i8 since today I brought my car to work personally.

I drive off to Jennie's workplace, waiting outside her building. A few minutes later, she walks out slowly with a few men greeting her on the way as she smiles back pleasantly. I sigh heavily. Why does she need to do that, anyway?

I am sitting in the car, contemplating whether I should call her or not. I use a few moments to see what she is wearing to work because I haven't paid much attention to her ever since. A V-neck White blouse. Black pencil skirt. Red high heels. The crazy outfit makes my heart beats loudly. Yeah, maybe, I should admit that she pulls it off.

Before she goes away from my sight, I get outside and run towards her.

Her eyes widen in shock, "L-Lisa, why are you here?"

"Pick you up," I answer plainly.

"In case you forget I drive myself." She fires back.

I glance around us, seeing a few people gaping at my way. "Jennie. Come with me. I will tell you when we are in the car." I point at my baby sitting on the road.

She frowns, "I don't want to listen to you. I want to drive my own car,"

"Don't be stubborn!"

She doesn't reply, but instead, she walks away from me like nothing happens, so I do the most ridiculous thing by grabbing her arm before carrying her in a bridal style. One hand secures her legs. The other one under her neck.

After recovering from shock, she shouts, "What are you doing? Put me down, Lisa!"

"Take a good grip around my neck, or you will fall because of your squirming. I don't take it as my fault if it happens." I tighten on her more.

She stops squirming but keeps mumbling something under her breath, pissed off at me.

This time, I am the one who doesn't talk to her back, and I continue to carry her until we arrive at my car. Putting her down, opening the door for her, I order. "Go inside if you don't want me to do something you have never expected one more time." I lean forwards to her when she shoots me a dead glare and doesn't say anything.

I smile when she goes inside.

"We have to go to the party of my best friends tonight," I say after we drive off from her workplace,

She sulks, without a word.

"Jennie, I will ask someone to take your car back. Don't worry," I assure.

"I know," She mumbles.

"So, why you look mad?" I ask.

Then, she turns to me instantly, "You carried me with my co-workers witnessing. What do you expect me to feel?"

"Tell them you are my wife," I simply answer.

"You are unbelievable!" Then, for the whole ride, she is not uttering even a word.