Chapter Fifty-Five

LISA

"Divorce?! What the fuck is she talking about, Bam?" I impatiently need an answer right now. I haven't done anything wrong, yet my wife and my best friend act as if I had committed a crime. The pain in Jennie's eyes displays disgust and hatred towards me. Now, she even wants a divorce without even listening to whatever I have to say.

They don't believe me, and I still don't understand what is really going on here. I glance at Bam as he shakes his head and prevents me from following Jennie when I am about to rush after her.

I push him away harshly as he lands on the floor, "Don't!" I point at his face. "Don't tell me you think I am cheating on my wife too. As far as I am concerned, I have already told you before that I only love Jennie, my wife."

He turns to Somi then at me, angrily. "Then, be careful with this woman who loves you and can do everything to get you even though it's a cheap and disgusting way. You look at your position before Jennie and I arrived. You in between her legs. Who the fuck in their right mind thinks otherwise?"

My jaw literally drops on the floor because of his accusation. It's already hurt when they think that I cheat on my wife, but the fact that they don't give me a chance to tell them the truth is much worse.

"Somi, is that what you want?" I slump heavily on the couch, looking at the woman I love as a sister and a friend, and now she destroys my love life that is likely to end when it hasn't properly begun yet.

"Lisa, I love you." She mumbles under her breath, looking at the floor as I close my eyes, not wanting to see my best friend's face as well as hers. "You love me! You demolish my family! Aren't you satisfied now?"

Bam suddenly gets up and leaves the room with a loud slam. It's so fucked up. I need to do something before it is worst as if it weren't already. "Listen, Somi. I don't love you. I never love you and never will."

She cries silently after hearing what I said, but unfortunately for her, I have no energy to comfort her anymore. She doesn't love me as her sister or her friend. Her love for me is forbidden because I have a wife, and I love my wife so much to the point that it's so fucking hurt and damn painful when she asked for a divorce paper so cruelly.

"You said that because you are forced to marry-"

I stand up, grabbing her shoulders a little bit stronger than intended. "Even if there was no Jennie, I still do not and will never love you because you are like my sister. I love you like I love Ella. I admire your hard work and everything, and you interpret it incorrectly. Somi, I never love you like I love...Jennie."

She nods a few times, trying to stop crying, and wipes her tears. "Sorry, Lisa." She mutters after a while. I embrace her one last time because no matter how much my life is destroyed, I believe it's partly because of me. I have not fully earned Jennie's trust yet. "Somi, can you do me a favor?" She pulls back, looking confused, so I continue. "Look after Bam for me. That man always bickers and yells at you, but he deeply cares for you. He's everything you need to be happy, Somi. Also, don't get me wrong, I don't force you to love him or anything. Just open your heart and move on from me. You will see someone who is more suitable for you."

I wipe her remaining tears away. "Can you do it for me or for your own happiness? If you still claim that you don't have any feeling, I won't-"

"I will do it. I will try, not for you, though. But for myself and Ella too. That girl always wants me to date Bam. Don't tell him, though." We laugh a bit as she leaves after apologizing to me a thousand times if I count.

I grab my phone and call Jennie a dozen times, but she doesn't pick up. I lose my hope as I sit down, looking at the food she made for me. I smile, hating myself for being pathetic because who the hell is smiling while crying just by gazing at the lunchbox.

I imagine how good it would be if Somi didn't trip over her foot and fell on the floor. How could it be if I didn't carry her the way I did or many other possibilities which I should have taken that didn't make me so miserable right now.

Suddenly, my phone rings as I pick it up excitedly, hoping that it's Jennie. "Lisa," Seulgi's voice makes me a bit sad because she's not who I want to call me right now. Moreover, I don't want her to know and ask me anything since I am drained both physically and mentally now.

"Seulgi, sorry but I can't talk to-"

"Lisa." She cuts me off immediately as I listen to her. Maybe, she has something to tell me urgently, and I can't blame her for that. "It's about Jennie."

"What?! Where is she?"

"Calm down, Lisa. She is okay now. In fact, she called Irene a few moments ago when Irene and I had lunch together, and she left immediately, telling me that Jennie called. So, I think she might have any problem. That's why I called you, just to inform, you know." She finishes with a sigh. Yeah, she knows we have a fight, not a problem.

"We fought. She misunderstood something and asked for a divorce." There's no need to hide anymore, though. She gasps in shock before talking, "Are you all right? Do you need anyone to talk to?"

"No, Seulgi. I just need some time to think it through. That's all."

"Okay, don't stress yourself out. I am sure she will come back to you sooner or later. Give her some time too. She will know herself."

I agree, and we hang up.

I wish she would understand and back to me now.

And, it's just a wish.