Chapter Five

JENNIE

After that night, Lisa always allows me to sleep beside her peacefully, and I really enjoy it, knowing that she at least cares about me, and the fact that I rarely have that nightmare again when I stay next to my wife couldn't make me any happier.

Sadly, I don't feel really connected to Lisa. We sleep together, but she won't touch me even if it were just a cuddle that I always want. Not that I am too desperate to want to be touched, but who else don't want when it comes to the love of your life, right?

Life is like she goes to work and comes back late at night. She might eat my dinner, but it's just a little since she has already eaten somewhere else. So, one morning, I am bringing that topic of me working to her again. Maybe, I can work to kill my boredom and to put my degree into works.

"Lisa, I want to work," I ask her since today she decides to have breakfast with me.

"Why? I can support you. What else do you need? Just tell me." She answers, putting her napkin down.

"I know. I just don't want to stay at home; it's so boring. Maybe, I can help you at your office-"

She puts her spoon and fork down carelessly as the shattering sound of the things hitting the plate makes me flinch. "U-uhh, it's okay. I am s-sorry if you don't want me to work with you." I stammer, hating my voice sounded like a cat under the rain.

"As I said, I don't want you in my office. Not that I think you are not qualified; I just hate the feeling of having the over-possessive wife in my work time." Her words cause me to blink many times. So, all of the things I have done for her: breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everything I have done to take care of her means I am just the possessive bitch who wants to control her life.

She doesn't even think that I do that because I love her or even care for her.

"Lisa, if you don't want me to work with you, please just tell me the truth. Don't stereotype me with other women you have met, or you have fucked when your wife is staying at home, waiting for you to come back like a good little girl." I shout. Yeah, maybe my I can't control myself anymore.

She can tell me to fuck off, but she can't accuse me of what I never intend to do.

Her eyes widen when my words finally seep fully into her brain. She stands up instantly, grabbing both of my wrists with all of her force. "So, you are saying that I am out all nights to fuck other women!"

"Out of all the things I have said to you, this is the only thing you have caught? Or, you have done that, huh?" I continue to push her when I don't know how many seconds, I can hold myself back from crying like a weak woman that I am to her.

"Yeah," She laughs. "I just don't know how you know it, but it kinda true, you know. I am surprised." She releases my hands before sitting back on the chair, looking like I am nothing.

Suddenly, my world stops. I don't know how to handle my tears anymore. It falls uncontrollably while I beg inside my head that she will deny it, but she doesn't.

"It's so funny that I said that because I get angry with you, and it turns out that it's true." This time, I laugh.

"Well, thank you for letting me know," I add.

Even though it's sad that your confession hurt me.

"I am sorry that I love you. I am sorry that I am blind. Sorry for making you choose the wrong path. For everything that I have done to you, thinking that you feel the same way when you are not. I finally find the reason why you not only love me but more like hate me. It's because you already have a girlfriend right now. Why don't you fucking tell me, Lalisa Manoban!" I shout at the top of my lungs. I don't care anymore.

"Because I had to marry you. Isn't that obvious? You want the marriage that I have never imagined I would have. I don't even know why you love me. Really? We have met a few times when we were kids, then you went to New Zealand. The next thing was you came back and claimed that you love me and want to marry me." She sighs heavily as if I am hard to explain.

"I am not in love with you? Okay, that's it. I am just stupidly having a crush on you. It isn't called love when it's one-sided." I stand up before clarifying something I should have done a long time ago since the time I knew she doesn't even like me.

"I know you want a divorce, but we can't do it right now because if we do, our parents will ask why, and I don't want you to have any inconveniences, so we have to live like we are not wives. After all, I don't want to put any pressure on you. I will sleep in the guest room started from tonight. I will work for a living. You can either eat out or cook by yourself because I don't even want to force you to eat something you don't want to. Deal." I walk out, hearing her replying 'Deal!' loudly as if she were so happy to finally be freedom again.

I rush to my room to pack my clothes to move them to another room before dialing my best friend, "Hello,"

"Hello, Jennie. Honey, I miss you so much. I haven't seen you since your wedding day. How have you been?"

My best friend's cheerful voice makes me smile a little bit, "I am okay, Irene. I just need a job."

"Your wife is a billionaire. Why-"

She pauses a few moments before continuing, "Wait, why are you sniffling? Come meet me this afternoon. I know you have a lot of things to tell me."