Chapter Twelve

JENNIE

I wake up with a groan due to the headache and a growl from my stomach of hunger since I haven't eaten anything since last night.

Since today is a holiday, Lisa will either go out or read a book in her bedroom for the rest of the day and acts like I do not exist at all, so I close my eyes again before leaning back on the bed only to be cut off by a knock on my door.

I sigh in frustration before opening the door to see Ella smiling at me and Lisa standing behind her scratching her nap, I glance to look at the businesswoman that now wears a casual outfit. Light blue jeans. White sneakers. Dark hoodie with a white t-shirt tucked inside. Hot?

Tsk. I'll try to do my best to ignore her figure. If I want to stop loving her, I shouldn't find her hot or beautiful. My love for her will become out of hand if I do that.

What is she going to do, today?

"Morning, Jennie unnie." Ella grabs my hand as I turn to her with a smile. "Well, what brings you here this morning?" My headache becomes intense as my eyes shut to blink back the pain.

"Jennie," Lisa comes to hold my hand, but I take it back instantly, making her scowl a little bit before she steps back with an annoyed sigh.

"U-uh, Lisa unnie and I want to invite you to the picnic with us, but if you are not well, it's okay." I glance at Lisa when she looks at her feet. Maybe, she feels embarrassed that Ella brings her into this.

"Ella, you can go with your unnie. I am sorry. I can't go with you today. I am afraid that I will spoil your holiday with my sickness." I lean to kiss her forehead, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. This girl is around ten I think, according to her height, but she is more considerate than some person here.

"Okay, unnie. Take care,"

After refusing the girl's invitation, I go back to my room before taking a shower and go downstairs to cook breakfast. I hear laughter through the kitchen, and it makes me confused, so I glance at my wristwatch to see that it's already more than thirty minutes before I come here. Why are they still here?

I pace inside the kitchen and about to leave when Ella calls me, "Unnie," I turn back to see Ella and a woman standing beside her. She is about my age, and she looks beautiful if I am being honest, but suddenly a deep and ugly scowl appears on her face as if she hates me along time ago.

When Lisa steps in front of me, holding a bowl of cereal, she grabs her waist possessively and takes the bowl from her hand. "Thank you, Lisa."

Ella looks at the woman in bewilderment like I do right now, "Somi unnie, this belongs to Jennie unnie. Lili makes this for her."

I am shocked at her statement. First, Lisa makes breakfast for me, and second who the fuck is Lili?

Turning to the kid confusedly, I am about to ask when she sees my face and giggles, "Jennie unnie, Lili is Lisa unnie. You also think it is cute to call her that, right?"

"Ella," Lisa states, annoyed but can't do anything.

"I think it's an adorable nickname," I utter with a serious expression, biting my lips from bursting into laughter.

Actually, it's a cute nickname. But, it's just, you know, a serious woman who wears a suit every day, rarely talks to anyone has that kind of nickname is extremely strange to me.

Lisa blushes with redness and embarrassment for sure. "Ella, you are not allowed to tell anyone my nickname because I have never told anyone yours."

"She. Is. Your. Wife, unnie." Ella enunciates every syllable with a smirk on her face. "She needs to know everything about you, right unnie?" She grabs my hand again, beaming at me.

"Ella, come here. I miss you so much. Last night, you didn't call me." The woman still clenches Lisa's side, seizing Ella's arm a little bit harsh before the girl releases my hand.

"Anyways, Jennie unnie this is Somi, my only sister." Ella still beams at me, clasping her hands together, more enthusiastic than her sister who looks at me without a word.

"Well, nice to meet you, then." I hold my hand up for a handshake as she accepts it before leaning to hug me, whispering, "I hope you can take good care of Lisa. For a while."

She pulls back with a devil smirk, "Nice to meet you too, Jennie." The venom fills her mouth when she talks, and it makes me instantly hate this girl. I mean, I am not doing anything wrong. I don't like to be in a fight with someone. Also, I do not fucking allow anyone to be limitless with me; they should know their boundary when it comes to me.

I glance behind to see Lisa smiling slightly at me, and I am not the person who forgets easily. I mean how can you not remember it when your swollen eyes are visible when you look in the mirror this morning.

"Okay, Ella. Unnie is going upstairs now. Have fun with your picnic," I say, patting the girl's head before stepping back.

"Wait, Jennie. Eat this before you drink medicine." Lisa cuts me off as I turn back, watching her holding the bowl for me. Did she really make that for me?

I literally laugh at her strange behavior.

"Ella, if you haven't eaten anything yet, take this." I take the bowl from her hand, giving it to the small girl. I don't want to use her, but I really do not have the appetite to consume Lisa's food.

Unfortunately, she shakes her head rapidly, "No. Unnie made that for you. You should eat."

"If you don't want to eat mine, then tell me. No need to give it away in front of me like you are not appreciated." She hisses angrily, storming outside, after shouting when she is at the door. "Somi, Ella. Let's go."

That Somi girl smiles in satisfaction, grabbing Ella's hand before leaving.