Chapter Forty-Four

LISA

Ella left our house this morning after Bam had come to pick her up back to her house since he wanted to buy some clothes for the girl. This kid is loved by a lot of people even my friends and Jennie. Yesterday has been a great day, though. Jennie cooked many delicious dishes and some more snacks, and we watched a few movies before we wrapped it up.

When I watched the interaction between Jennie and Ella, the idea of having a wife like Jennie is suddenly so appealing to me. I mean, I think it's fantastic before, but now I really have the urge to build the family with her. She's such a wife material. She loves kids and can handle them well.

Mom is right. I am twenty-five years old now, and I should give it a try, right?

First, what I need to do is to make things right between me and Jennie, and we can take it from there. My thought is cut off when a cup of coffee appears in front of me. The aroma of it hits my face, and I feel so fresh and good, smelling it. "What are you thinking about?" Jennie asks as I take the cup from her hand. My favorite drink in the morning. Another point, I need to have her beside me forever. She always knows what I need and what I love the most.

"Jennie, I think I need to ask you something before I start doing it." I say as she sits across the table with an orange juice in her hand, humming in response. "Uh, can I court you?" As soon as the question comes out of my mouth, she chokes on her drink severely.

I stand up, rushing towards her. "Are you okay?" Patting her back a little, I bring her a glass of water sitting on the table. "What were you saying, Lisa?" She asks me as soon as she puts it down.

Bursting into laughter before answering at her amusing question, I place my chin on both my hands, "So that why you choked? I said I want to court you," Her eyes widen as her palm is placed on my forehead and the other one on hers. "Your heat is normal. What's wrong with you?"

Okay, that's not fun at all. She thinks I make a joke, does she?

"I am not kidding. I want to do it because I have never done that before, and I-"

She sighs heavily, "Look, Lisa. Do not do that because you haven't done it with anyone. It's okay to not have ever courted anybody before, you know."

"Jennie, I want to do it because you are the right person that I should do that with. If we want us to work, we should do it properly, right?" I smile, seeing her blush as her cheeks become pink as well as her ears.

"It's still not necessary because we have already married, you know." She explains as if it's the obvious fact I should know. I frown at her persistence. She is the first woman I want to commit to, and now she acts as if she doesn't need it at all.

This time, I scowl deliberately for her to acknowledge my dissatisfaction, "Jennie, have we slept together yet?"

"Yeah. Apparently, you are the one who had my things move to your room, right?" She asks. Woah, she's so innocent. Doesn't she know what my real question is?

I shake my head, indicating that my question is not perceived that way, "I mean, have we slept together yet?"

"Huh?" She frowns.

"Jennie, have we slept together yet...before or ...? No! As in... have we... never mind. Have we had sex together yet?" I finish with a breath, talking about that stuff makes me feel so hot, though.

"Lisa!" She shouts, hiding her face between her hands, "What are you talking about, perverted bloody monkey?" I smirk, "Come on, it's not my fault that you can't understand the simple stuff I said, so I have to do everything to explain it to you even if I had to-"

"Okay! I understand now." She holds one of her hands up to stop me, "Now, what do you want to go from there? Why is this question suddenly mentioned?"

I smile, "Alright, what I wanted to say is that we don't trust each other enough so that-"

"You want to court me because you want to have sex!" She cuts me off, standing up abruptly.

I heave a fucking deep sigh again, "Jennie, why are you so hard to understand, huh? Listen, I want to court you because I need to show you that you are important to me, and I don't take you for granted, and I want to give you the opportunity to accept me properly as your wife, you know. Sit down, please."

She calms down a bit, sitting back. "Oh." She seems shocked, and I know deep inside, I need to do this because what I have done before is beyond belief to this beautiful creature. She deserves everything in this whole world, and I am about to give her all of those things. "Do you agree? I will start from today, and I will do anything for you to accept me even though we are married. You have the choice to have me or not."

"Really?" She asks, excitedly. "So, if I don't like it, I can turn you down, right?"

My smile falls. I haven't started it yet, and she has the gut to ask me that question. "You can. But I will have you fall head over heels for me again or even more than before,"

"Don't be too confident, Lisa." She sips her juice, hiding her smile behind the glass. She can't hide it because her eyes tell me all about it. She's happy and thrilled about the idea, and I am the happiest person in the world to be the reason why she is.

I'll do my best to have you back, Jennie Kim.

When that day comes, we will be complete and build a beautiful family together.