Chapter Thirteen

JENNIE

I glance back to the bowl in my hand, contemplating whether I should eat it or not. I still feel uneasy that she thought I have not appreciated her effort that she cooked for me, but did she know how upset I was last night when she accused me after she saw me with Kai. She didn't even ask me to explain, yet she talked like she knows everything about me.

Releasing a deep sigh, I put the bowl down and start to eat the cereal made by the wife of 'mine'. I moan in pleasure when my tongue touches the taste; I don't know I am this starving until I begin to devour the food with hungriness.

After taking some pills, I go back to sleep only for a few moments, covered by the thick blanket, hugging a large pillow. What can be better for sleeping without interruption, right?

Unfortunately, an hour later someone is calling me as I get up with a jolt of surprise at the loud ringtone from my phone. "Hello," I smile, seeing the number.

"Hello, Jennie. What are you doing today?" Irene's sweet voice is heard.

"I am sleeping. I am not feeling well."

"Oh, I just ask you if you feel a little better now, so we could go to hang out, but if you are sick, it's okay." Disappointment fills her speech, but she doesn't complain or anything.

"Irene, we can go. I mean, maybe, I could do with some fresh air since I have been so stressed these past few days." I suggest, taking off the blanket from my body before Irene squeals in excitement, "Yeah, that's my best friend. Let's hang out to our usual spa place and go shopping and have dinner together." She adds enthusiastically.

"Alright, I'll pick you up in an hour at your house, okay?" I ask.

"Of course, I am waiting for you."

---

"Irene, where should we park?" I ask when we arrive at her family's restaurant that is now owned by her brother. "Go to the VIP section, and let's keep our bags here in your car okay?"

I nod before maneuvering my car to where she asks me to.

After we went to the spa and do some girl stuff, we have come to our favorite place to have some dinner since her brother called her if he could have us there to talk, offering us some of his famous dishes there.

"Welcome, ladies." Kai welcomes her with his usual handsome grin, hugging both of us in his arms.

I return the smile when he releases his embrace, "Thank you for having me today," I say in a polite manner because since I knew him, he is such a gentleman and more like a brother to me.

"Oh, I don't have you here for free. I'd ask you for your opinions on our new dishes. So, don't feel pressure about that." He replies, curving a brow up before turning to his sister, "Irene,"

"You forgot your sister when you meet my friend," Irene teases as Kai blushes slightly, "Irene, don't make me a bad guy here. Your friend is married." He softens his voice, afraid that I might hear, but I already have, and I am a little bit upset about it at the thought of being married to a woman who doesn't love me back like I used to love her.

Irene might sense my tense as she brushes it off by taking me inside the cozy place. Kai has saved us the usual seats at the corner before he goes off to bring the food himself since there is no waiter here, and we have to order by ourselves at the food counter.

He comes back with a whole lot of mouth-watering foods such as grilled pork, some rice, and some other luxurious foods I have never tasted before. This restaurant seems to be more conservative outside, but the food is so modern and one of the best in Korea. That's why even if there are no waiters, costumers still go back and forth every day.

"Here, ladies." Kai puts the enormous tray on the table, pointing at the big black bowl in front of me. "This is called, 'Bibimbap'. It is one of the famous Korean foods outside of the country. It literally means "mixed rice", though." He smiles, grinning before sitting beside Irene, and continues to elaborate more. "It includes a variety of ingredients such as sautéed and seasoned vegetables like cucumber, soybean sprouts, spinach, and mushroom and some many different types of meats and eggs."

"It looks delicious," I mumble, gazing at the food.

"Such a foreign lady. This food is one of the most well-known dishes in Korea, though."

"She is just back from New Zealand, Kai." Irene replies to her brother before my eyes glance to see the familiar faces.

Lisa. Ella. Somi.

They are laughing happily before entering the restaurant. Ella grabs Lisa's hand, and Somi stays by Lisa's side holding her arm possessively. I don't know why, but my face burns in annoyance at the sight of this girl. But again, I have no right to feel jealous or anything. I swallow hard, trying to focus on the food instead of them.

Suddenly, a realization hits me. Is Somi Lisa's girlfriend? That's why Lisa dislikes me, and Somi hates me when she first saw me this morning.

I don't know why, but I feel sorry for them that I have broken them up.

"Jennie, you are spacing out." Irene murmurs, waving her hand in front of me.

"Oh, nothing."

Irene follows my gaze before I can stop her as she gapes at the sight. "WTF! She knows she has a wife, right?"

"She just hangs out with her friend, Irene. Don't bother her." I try to force a smile but fail miserably.

"I don't fucking care," She gets up before storming to them as Kai widens his eyes in shock, getting up, running after Irene, but it's too late.

"Are you Lisa Manoban, the wife of Jennie's?"

Lisa turns to the owner of the voice before her eyes dart to me.

You are screwed, Jennie.