Chapter Six

LISA

I open the door to see the empty dining table that used to have plenty of food on it; the atmosphere is so strange when the stupid kitten doesn't talk. In fact, the argument this morning was more serious than I have thought. She wants to work, and I don't want her to work with me because I never used to have any girlfriend, not to mention wife working with me from morning to evening, and coming back home to see each other again. For the whole fucking day?!

No, that's not what I have imagined.

Walking to the bedroom, I push the door to see the darkness. Maybe, she falls asleep. So, I switch the light on before taking my blazer off. My eyes widen in shock. Oh, I forget that she has moved out to sleep in the guest room already. That's what she said.

Alright, she can do whatever she wants. I should be thankful that I can get the solitude of my life again, right?

No one to bother.

No one to cuddle me at night as I pretend to fall asleep because I don't know how to react. In fact, I am relieved that she offered me a great deal like this.

I go to take a shower, singing to the song of my favorite. Thanks to my dearest wife for finally leaving me alone.

---

I get up to the alarm clock beside my bed, preparing myself for going to work early since today I don't want to see her face the first day we really act like acquaintances. Not wives!

How happy I am today.

As I get out of my room, I realize that I can't escape the reality easily.

Dazed, I look at Jennie Kim, climbing down the stairs, dressing up with a white blouse tucked inside her short pencil skirt with black high heels revealing her milky fucking skin and her damn slim legs. Fuck! I don't even know she has those as she always wears sweatpants and her favorite grey sweater at home.

She has to be kidding with me right now.

Her hair in a motherfucking messy bun. Her face remains sulky. I gaze at her as she glares at me for a few moments before walking past me without even a glance.

"I know we aren't even friends in this house, but outside the world knows you as my wife, so please be more considerate and wears something decent." As the words leave my lips, I know that I should not have said that, but my slippery mouth won't behave lately.

"This is the uniform for work. If I have to wear something more decent than this, might as well tell your female staff to wear pants to work." She replies, fixing her black purse a little bit before walking away.

Such a rude woman! I don't even know that she even has this kind of manner in hers. If my mom knows, I wonder what she will think when this is the lovely wife, she has chosen for me.

I brush it off, walking to my car as Mr. Yang opens the door for me before I hear him greeting Jennie with a smile on his face, "Mrs. Manoban, you are beautiful today."

"Mr. Yang, stop calling me Mrs. Manoban. Just call me Jennie. I don't want you to be too formal with me." She reasons out when Mr. Yang looks like he is in deep confusion.

I try my best to stop myself from telling Mr. Yang the truth that she doesn't want to be my wife anymore, and I don't fucking care if she tells anyone about it.

"Here is your sandwich,"

I see her handing the beaming chauffeur of mine who accepts it with gratefulness. I will tell him to stop getting something from her. After all, I can buy it for him. Don't want to bother anyone because of my staff.

"How about the lunchbox for Ms. Li-"

I cut him off by shouting, "Get inside, I need to go. Don't bother to ask something I don't want." I glance at Jennie for a few seconds. If I am not wrong, I still have some effects one her when I am saying something that could hurt her, but she shrugs it off quickly before smiling like she isn't hurt at all, "Since today, I am not going to do anything for someone who doesn't deserve it, so Mr. Yang, don't ask on the behalf of someone. Just come to get your favorite sandwich every morning if I am not too busy with my works, I will make one for you. Oh, and I start to work today." She beams at him before walking away.

"Good luck, Jennie." I hear him shouting to Jennie as the latter turns back a little before walking off to wherever I don't care.

I clear my throat, "Mr. Yang, don't you think it is too much to call my wife by her first name?"

"But she wants me to call her that." He fires back.

I grit my teeth, sighing heavily, trying to control my anger. "And, you listen to her. You know I hate informality when it comes to my employee."

"You said I am not just your employee, but your uncle as well." He smiles before driving off, pissing me off more than I have ever been.

Stupid little kitten!

She dares to act like that in front of Mr. Yang, the one who always supports me in every situation, and now she makes me look like a petulant kid than a businesswoman I always am.

"Your wife is so thoughtful and beautiful at the same time."

"Who asked, Mr. Yang?" I become more annoyed right now.

"Just tell you to keep her beside you every time. Don't want other men to take advantage of her, right? She is a good woman. I love her for you. You are lucky," He smiles to me through the rearview mirror.

I shut my mouth up, not wanting to talk about her anymore.