Chapter Forty-One

LISA

Rushing towards the entrance of the hospital, I spot a small commotion with five to ten people around there, and Jennie is nowhere to be found. Therefore, I do not pay any attention to them, but the sight in front of me catches my eyes.

Jennie's purse.

I run as fast as possible as though my life depends on it before reaching the black purse near the commotion. "Do you see a woman walking out of this hospital with this bag?" I ask an old woman who is near there as I try to catch my breath. The woman frowns a little bit as if she tries to remember something before pointing to the crowd, "Maybe, the bag belongs to the fainted woman. Everyone is trying to get her back to the hospital now," She answers before glancing to find someone and walks towards them.

With no response, I am like flying to the crowd. My heart is pounding so fast, and I am deadly anxious about Jennie. If something happens to her, it's totally my fault. When I arrive at the crowd, I swear my breath stops for a few seconds, seeing Jennie lying there, and a few people surrounding her are about to take her somewhere.

"Excuse me, let me bring her back to the hospital. I am her wife," I carry her in a bridal style before we go inside. Luckily, she didn't go that far. A few doctors come out, running towards me. "Miss, let me take her from here," They take Jennie inside a room as I slide down, sitting in front of the door.

It's my fucking fault. She was so pale this morning, and I didn't even ask her if she were okay. She suffers a lot, and I despise myself for being the reason to create such damage to her.

I am sorry.

"What are you still doing here, Lisa?" Bam's voice is heard beside me, but I have no strength to look at him. I am so ashamed of my behavior, "She has fainted," Ella gasps as I notice that she is right next to me right now. "Unnie, is she okay?" She inquires, worried. Even Ella is anxious about Jennie than me. Who am I really to Jennie now?

"I don't know, Ella." I shake my head slightly, not knowing what to do. The blame is obviously on me. A few silent moments later, Bam excuses. "Lisa, call me if you need anything, but we need to go now. Somi is waiting at the parking lot. Thank God, she isn't here," Bam informs, mumbling the last sentence.

"But I'll come back if you need me, okay?" He assures.

I nod as both Ella and Bam leave. Half an hour later, the doctor who brought Jennie inside comes out, taking his glasses off as I walk towards him. "No worries, Ms. She's all right. May I ask who you are-"

"I am her wife," I cut him off as he smiles, telling me briefly about her condition and lets me in. After shutting the door behind, I pace towards the beautiful creature in front of me. I sit on the chair next to the bed, taking her tiny hand between mine. "Jennie, I am sorry," I mumble softly, muffled my voice against her soft skin. She's still unconscious and pale and weak.

Suddenly, her hand jerks a little as I turn to look at her smiling face. "Lisa," I close my eyes, feeling like a mountain has been taken off my chest right now. She's so beautiful. Angel. My angel.

I catch her hand to slap my face rapidly. "Lisa!" She yells, pushing my hand away with no strength at all. "What are you doing?"

"I am so sorry, Jennie. It's my fault that you are in this condition," I explain, trying to bring back my tears. I rarely cry, but it's so hard when you know you hurt someone you care about, and she still smiles at you as if you haven't done anything wrong.

She uses her slender fingers to brush my cheek as I place mine on hers. "You are not at fault. As far as I remember, I was the one who drank too much," I kiss her palm as her eyes widen in shock, but she doesn't say anything.

"But still, I shouldn't have forced you to come here instantly and let you walk away alone,"

She shakes her head, "No, I was the one who wanted to grab a taxi,"

I sigh, not wanting to argue more. "To make it up to you, tonight, I will do everything for you. I will cook your favorite food and take a bath for you," I laugh as she chokes up her saliva and quickly recovers. Her cheeks burn in redness as well as her ears.

She clears her throat before responding, "I'm contented if you cook for me, but the last part, sorry, I can't accept,"

"Why? We are family now. We should share everything together as other couples do. We can use the same utensil, sometimes take a shower together when we are in a hurry, or even-"

She pants heavily as if she is about to faint again, "Lisa, I am okay with what we have right now, and we don't have to do anything like others,"

"How about our consummation?" I joke. Her face falls, hearing what I am trying to say to her. "Lisa, why are you suddenly bringing that up?" Her face gets even redder. I smile, grabbing her hand, "I am kidding; you look like you are horrified. Like you saw some ghosts,"

"I want to eat some tasty food tonight, and I need you to buy me some ice cream as well," She changes the topic as I smirk knowingly but do not want to make her more uncomfortable, so I drop it and go with the flow, "I'll buy anything you want. The doctor said you could leave in a few hours, now I am going out to bring you some lunch first, okay?"

She shakes her head slightly as I curve my brow up in anticipation, "Stay here for a while, I am not hungry. Just need some sleep, then we can go together,"

I nod in agreement before sitting down as she closes her eyes. She lets me hold her hand until she falls asleep again, and to be honest, it really warms my heart, seeing her trust me enough and not getting angry with me or even want me to be beside her.

The day I realize that Jennie Kim is so precious to me, and I can't lose her no matter what.