Chapter Two

JENNIE

I get up a little bit earlier as I go to take a shower before making breakfast for Lisa. I smile at the thought. I have to admit that I've always imagined this scenario whenever I cook that one day, I could do this for the one I love, and it appears to be her only.

When I finish cooking, preparing the food on the table, I smile proudly at what I have done. Lisa will like it.

A few moments later, Lisa enters the kitchen, wearing a business suit, fastening her tie as I pace near her, "Let me help you,"

"No, it's okay. I always do that myself."

"Please, I am your wife. That's my duty." I say, trying to do it for her, only to earn a scowl on her face.

"I said I don't need it!" She shouts. So, I drop my hands beside me as I try to swallow a lump in my throat. I don't want to look pathetic. Never have I done that to anyone but her.

"Okay, I am sorry."

"You don't need to say sorry all the time. Just don't bother me. You do whatever you want, and I will do mine." She says, ignoring my breakfast before grabbing a sandwich on the counter.

"Lisa, I-I actually made breakfast for you. Let's eat together." I exclaim excitedly.

"NO! I love sandwiches."

I smile. Maybe, she hasn't noticed my sandwich on the table yet. "Besides some food, I made some sandwiches too." I point at the delicious thing, but she doesn't look and just continues to eat her sandwich.

"Lisa, come on. Let's eat together."

"I am done. I need to be at work now." She says as she literally runs to her car, which was brought by her bodyguard this morning.

As she is about to enter the car, she picks up her phone, walking away from the black SUV.

I pick up the lunchbox, running to the chauffeur. "Mr. Yang, can you keep this one for Lisa, please? And, this is for you." I say, handing him the box, and another sandwich for his breakfast.

"Thank you, Mrs. Manoban." He bows at me.

"No problem. Just make sure that Lisa eats her lunch." I smile at him before going back to the house.

I sit on the chair in the dining room, sad because I couldn't eat breakfast with her on the first day after being married. I look at the food I have made for her and smile. Look at the great Jennie Kim now, she is so pathetic.

In college, I have never accepted anyone. I am sure that how most people feel when I reject them. Maybe, that's my karma.

Suddenly, my phone rings, breaking me out of my thought. I look at the screen, curving my lips up into a small smile. "Hello, mom."

"Hello, honey. How is it going?" My mom's enthusiastic voice echoes as I try to hide my sadness, not wanting her to worry or maybe upset about Lisa's behavior towards me.

"It's great, mom."

"I hope so since you finally can be with your sweetheart. Lisa is a good girl. I am sure she will take care of you well. Anyways, your brother wants to talk with you. He misses you already."

I grin at the thought of my brother. He can be an over-possessive freak, sometimes, but I love him because he's not only my brother but he also a father to me, playing an important role in my life since dad left. He got his first job to support me. He is the one who persuaded mom so that I could study abroad. He does everything to make me become the best, and I really am appreciated for that. "Okay, mom."

"Hello, dumpling." His annoying endearment again.

"Taehyung, I am not a kid, anymore. Kindly, keep that to yourself, and call me by my name." I scold him as he laughs loudly.

"Well, sorry. HAHA. I forget you are someone's wife right now. Not a child anymore. So, how are you? Is everything okay? Is Lisa good to you? Tell me if she-"

"Calm down, Taehyung. She is good to me." I mumble.

"Mom, I am going up stair right now." I hear him saying that to my mom as I close my eyes, knowing what comes next.

"Tell me what happened. I am sure it doesn't sound as good as you told mom."

I know I love my brother because he knows me literally everything inside my head, but it's also a consequence there that I can't even hide a thing from him. The thing that makes him burst into anger if I tell him the truth.

"It's nothing. Don't worry, I am just exhausted."

"I am your brother. I know when you lie, Jennie. You can share that with me. I don't want my little girl to be sad. I care for you, you know that. So, tell me before I go to Lisa's company, and ask her myself."

"O-okay. It's nothing."

"Jennie!"

"It's just that I interpreted something wrong myself. That's all I can tell you right now, and I am planning to make it better for both of us, anyways. So, please don't push me too much about that, Taehyung. I don't want to talk about it right now." I soften my voice, hopefully, he could understand me.

"Listen, sis! I don't want to meddle in your relationship or anything, but I hope you understand that I always love you. If she doesn't turn out to be the person, I could trust to make my sister happy, then I do not hesitate to take you back. That's all I can say right now."

"Believe me, she is the only one."

"Okay, I am happy to hear that. Anyways, bye. I am going to work right now. I love you, Jennie."

"Goodbye, I love you too." I hang up with relief and sadness at the same time.

I can do it!

Maybe, that's what I need to win Lisa's heart: believe in myself.