Chapter Thirty-Two

LISA

I didn't pack a lot of things yesterday before coming here, so after half an hour everything is alright, and I can go now. I look around the room for several seconds before grabbing my bag; Putting it on my shoulder, I head outside to the living room. I have to admit that the sight in the front really upsets me, but I have no idea what I should do right now, so I walk to the door.

Heaving a deep sigh, I glance back again to see Jennie sitting there on the very couch with her head between her hands. She looks as if she was the one who gets hurt more than I do right now.

Since I have no intention to bring up any argument, silently I hold the doorknob and about to get out when a soft and tiny hand grabs my wrist, preventing me from going outside. I put my bad down on the floor before taking a deep breath and speak, "I am about to do as you told. What are you doing?"

She doesn't respond to me. Instead, she catches me off guard by encircling her hands around my waist tightly like a five-year-old kid. Placing my hands on hers, I try to take them off me because I don't know or more like don't understand what she wants anymore. Therefore, leaving should be the best choice right now. "Jennie, I need to go now."

I feel her shaking her head rapidly against my back as my anger explodes, "What on earth are you trying to do now?" I shout even though I know I will surely be guilty afterward. She still doesn't utter even a word to me, making me more confused at her action. This time, I use all of my strength to yank her hands from me before abruptly turning around, "What the fuck are you doing? You want me to go, and now I am going-"

My voice halts when I see her tears falling from her cheeks, and it lands on the floor one by one in a freaking slow motion like in the movie. "Jennie," I call her name—so funny because it is so much softer than before. I know I haven't done much to make her cry since I just want to leave as I was told, but why it is so fucking painful when I see her in agony. Especially, I am the reason. "Why are you c-crying?" I stutter. I have to say that every time, I witness someone crying in front of me; I will be transformed into a robot. Not to mention, the tears are from Jennie, my wife. That's my responsibility, right?

My trembling hand touches her chin, bringing her face up. Her cat-like eyes look so upset, and her lips are pouting like a small girl. If she is not crying, I will surely find it utterly cute. She is about to turn her face away, but I use my thumb to brush her tears from her chubby cheeks. "I asked you; why didn't you answer?" I ignore her eyes that shoot at me, continuing to wipe her tears away. Instead of stop falling down, it falls even more on my hands.

What's wrong? I start to panic.

"Jennie, did I hurt you? I am sorry if I-" She cuts me off by flinging herself into my arms, her hands are all over my body, and her face buries into my chest. I can feel her quiver against me. So, I reluctantly return her embrace, tightening it even more afterward.

"I am sorry," She mumbles softly. I sigh in relief; maybe, I don't have to leave now, right?

I pat her back, placing my hand on her head before breathing in her scent. I smile, remembering how good it feels to smell her again. "Well, I am sorry too. I am the one who is being unreasonable here," I unwillingly pull away as she looks at me in confusion. I tell her, "I was about to lea-"

"You don't have to leave," She states.

I knit my brows together, "And why?"

"B-because I don't want you to leave," She replies with sincerity. I wipe the remaining tears away from her face and get distracted with her plump lips. I don't know why, but I could not hold myself back, but to lean down to brush my lips against her as her breath hitches in response, and her eyes slowly close; I brush her hair away from her face, admiring the beauty I haven't put attention into before.

I smile before landing my lips on hers, feeling the luscious lips I have ever tasted against mine. The kiss begins with a slow sensation only to become sloppy and aggressive in the next few minutes. My hands roam her back before unconsciously and dangerously putting them just above her bottom.

I decide to pull away slowly, seeing her panting. It's so fucking torturing me to stop, but I need to since I don't know if she is ready or not. She is new to this, and I don't want to push her so far. "Jennie," I call her softly.

"Lisa, don't go...please." Her lips swell from our first intense kiss as I smile and admire the sight. I brush my thumb against it before muttering, "If you don't want me to go, I won't."

Her eyes light up, "Really?"

I nod as she hugs me again.

"Come on, let's get something to eat. I believe you haven't eaten anything yet, right?" I ask as she nods with a beautiful smile plastering on her face. "Prepare yourself, I will be waiting here. We will go somewhere to find something to eat or maybe to cook. What do you want? Eat out or let me make something delicious for you?"

She knits her brows together, confused. "You can cook?"

"Yeah," I answer shortly as she grins mischievously, "Well, I want you to cook for me, then."

"Go ahead, we are going to the supermarket nearby," I sit down on the couch, waiting for her.

What a 'good' roller coaster is this? I smile, touching my lips.