Chapter Twenty-One

LISA

As soon as I stand up, Jennie looks at me in confusion before I hold my hand out, "Jennie, dance with me?" I ask, leaning down a little bit so that I could see her expression clearly. "You don't need to do that, Lisa. I know you don't-"

"If I didn't want, I wouldn't ask," I state firmly, thinking about her hesitation, which can either be she is scared that I am forced to dance with her or she doesn't really want to take my hand and dances with me. The latter reason makes me feel annoyed even though I know I shouldn't.

"So, you don't want to?" I ask, waiting for a few seconds before putting my hand down. "Alright, it's okay for me, though." As I am about to sit back, she catches my wrist with her tiny hand, "Let's dance," She gives me a small smile before standing up.

I glance to Bam, who winks at me playfully as I return with a smirk.

When we are in the middle of the crowd and have a decent space for dancing, I grab her hands to put on my shoulders, and mine are on her small waist. The dress I chose for her today suits her so much that I feel my heart beats faster and faster whenever I look at it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not falling in love with her yet. I just adore the dress.

So, you are in love with the dress?

No!

I sigh before tightening my grip on her waist, letting us to the rhythm of the old classical music that seems to fit at this moment. The wind makes her hair messy as I grab a few strands from her face, keeping it behind her ear before giving her a small smile as she looks down, avoiding my eyes. "Aren't you supposed to look at your partner when dancing?" I ask, leaning down to whisper into her ear.

She glances back to me, still not sure what to do. I smile, encouraging her to focus on me as we continue to sway along with the music. After the first song, I see a few couples asking for changing their partners since it's fun to get to know new people even though I see no fun when a bulky man coming to our way with a smug grin on his face.

"Let's change-"

"We don't change dance partner," I cut him off before he can deliver his stupid offer. He frowns at me slightly before roaming his eyes on Jennie. Therefore, I make sure to give him a glare when he looks back at me. "Why? We are having fun here. Actually, I am Jisoo's new employee, and I just want to get to know some of her friends."

I shake my head again, "And, we don't want to get to know you."

"Lisa," Jennie looks at me, pissed.

What on earth is she doing? I am just trying to be with her or getting to know her like this man does. Not to mention, I am her wife, and I want to change for her, but she thinks I am the bad guy here. It's not fair.

"I said I don't change. If you want to make new friends or some shit, Jisoo has too many employees for you to talk or rather dance with. Go now," I state firmly, ignoring Jennie's eyes on me.

Then, she glances at the man with an apologetic look, "I am sorry," She mumbles softly before he leaves with an annoyed and angry face.

I don't care!

"You shouldn't have done that," She turns to me. Her face reddens in anger. I know she is pissed that I look like the controlled bitch, but that's me, and I don't tolerate someone who comes in between something or someone that's mine.

"I should, and I would do that one more time if there is another idiot comes again," I reply, putting my hands in my pant pockets, not sure what to do next since everybody starts to dance to another song now, and we would have, too if that guy didn't ask for something I would never be able to give.

"You are being unreasonable," She says, roaming her eyes somewhere before walking away as I grab her waist, pulling her into my chest. Her eyes widen in shock when she can't get out of my grip as I tighten it around her waist.

"I am not an unreasonable person. Remember, the day you wanted my attention?" I lean down to make sure that she gets my message clearly, "Now that I decide to give it to you, no one is going to go between us."

"Too bad, I don't want it anymore," She fires back, gritting her teeth.

"Careful with your tongue, kitten. I know you still want me. Don't lie to yourself." I brush my finger along her nape as she is trembling under my touch. I smirk in satisfaction. "See? You can't lie to me."

I grab both of her hands, placing it on my shoulders before pulling her head towards my nose, making sure that everything I want to clarify, she will hear it. I unconsciously inhale her scent. Strawberry and cigarette.

Great combination.

She doesn't smoke, don't get me wrong. The smell of the cigarette is actually from me because I did it when I was waiting for her to prepare herself in the room after I have touched her, well, you know. I don't smoke regularly; it's bad for health, obviously. I did it because I wanted to stop myself from imagining doing it again.

Stupid brain, more like a pervert one!

So, I did smoke for five minutes before tossing it in the bin to keep myself sorted out.

I grin softly when I feel her hot breath on my neck. I know she gets more pissed and pissed, and I make sure to signal Jisoo to play a few more songs since I enjoy the fuming kitten in my arms so much.

I don't know why, but the more she becomes feisty to me, the more I want to make her mine even if she already is.