Chapter Sixteen

LISA

Message sent.

I keep the phone back in my pants pocket after informing Irene that I have got Jennie back home safe and sound as she thanks me for going to get her best friend even though it's my fault that causes this havoc in my relationship.

Carrying Jennie to my room, I put her down softly on my soft mattress before locking all doors to our house. Sighing heavily, I sit down beside Jennie on the bed, brushing her hair away from her face, firstly not denying that she is indeed beautiful, and I am stupid enough to not understand her. It's not that I have anyone in my heart before or now, and I wonder why I have always been so harsh to her.

She looks so fragile as her chest rises up and down slowly when she breathes in and out. Abruptly, I get up and about to go to take a shower when her tiny hand unconsciously grabs my wrist as her eyes remain close. I try to take her hand off me, but her grip tightens with no desire to let me go anytime soon, so I sit down again. Maybe, I need to be here for a while before I can go since she is not feeling well and passes out like this.

"Don't go," She mumbles softly.

"I am not going anywhere," I whisper, brushing my thumb against the tender skin of her cheek. She purrs in response, falling in a deep slumber before I take a shower immediately, not wanting to leave her alone for so long.

I come back, seeing her tossing and turning. She might not be able to sleep in those clothes since it smells like alcohol and wet with her perspiration. So, I go to grab her pajamas in her room before changing it for her. I am not sure if she will be pissed at me in the morning when she realizes that I do it myself, but if I do not, she won't sleep in peace this night, and she could do with a good sleep right now.

I unbutton her blouse one by one until it leaves with only her black bras as I blink a few times to concentrate more, and the motherfucker sweat starts to drip down my forehead even if I have just come back from the shower. I swipe it out a few times before continuing to change for her. After that, I take off the bras and her pants and her panties while looking away, not that I am disgusted, but she will be angry at me if she knows I look at her without her consent.

So, I glance at anywhere.

At the ceiling.

At the wall.

Wherever but her.

After being called, 'a cruel wife', 'a perverted wife' is more than I can handle. So, I hurriedly put on her pajamas, acting like nothing happened when my hands unconsciously brush her soft milky skin along the way. God, Lisa is screwed up right now. Help her!

Being a CEO for nearly five years, I have never thought that changing someone's clothes could be this hard. I release a satisfied sigh again after the big accomplishment. And, I need another cold or maybe a freezing shower one more. I feel 'hot'. I wonder if my air conditioner breaks down or something as though I had no idea why it is hotter than usual.

Half an hour later, after staying in the shower for that long and two times in one night, I am back in my bedroom. I see Jennie laying on my bed with a blanket covering from her legs down and leaving her tops. I want to know if she wants to take a shower, too.

I go to sit beside her, placing my palm on her forehead. It's normal, I guess.

It's this time in my life that I don't really know what to do whether I should take her back to the guest room, or I myself go to that room since I can't wake her up, or be cruel enough to carry her back.

In my bedroom, or rather the main bedroom that our parents have prepared for us is absolutely comfortable. It has a king-sized bed and everything. If my mom knew that we are separated, I am sure as hell that she would pinch my ears painfully and say that I am the most responsible one of this argument between me and Jennie.

My mom always adores Jennie so much. I remember she constantly admired her whenever we ate dinner together in our house back then, but the usual me didn't even pay attention to that. I sigh at the thought. How can Jennie love the heartless person like me?

Besides family, some close friends, and work, I have never considered anyone important in my life. When I said I want to try to love Jennie, I mean it. Actually, something about her tells me that she cares about me for real.

I started to hang out to the bars or clubs to have fun with Bam, Jisoo a few years ago before Jisoo decided to settle down last year with her dear wife Rosé. At first, I thought it was ridiculous, but when I saw the look in Jisoo's eyes when she was getting married, I realized that this idiot was really serious about her life right now. And, I am happy for them. Never have I thought that I would find someone, and be like them. So, I stick with the idea of being freedom not until my mom announced the married date to me. I was so pissed at that time, but I don't want my parents to feel down at me. After all, I've got to have a family of my own, my mom said.

I yawn a few times before choosing the unbelievable choice that I will sleep in my room tonight, and if Jennie wants to sleep here, she can, right? I don't force her, and she definitely can't blame me about that in the morning. So, I slip inside the blanket, covering her body and mine with the thick sheet before falling in a deep slumber.