Chapter Seventeen

JENNIE

I wake up to the worst hangover I have ever had in my entire life as the memories from last night flooding back to me rapidly.

I went to the restaurant...met Lisa. I slapped her... the bar!!

Suddenly, I glance up to realize that it is not my room, but a familiar one. What makes me feel horrified right now is a hand wrapping around my waist possessively, and hot breath on my neck. Feeling panic, I slowly take the blanket off my body before heaving a sigh in relief that I still have my clothes on, or I will regret for the rest of my life since I was unconscious last night.

Pajamas!

Who changed for me? I don't remember being a drunk woman, driving back to anywhere, or even change into another set of clothes. Abruptly, I sit up, causing the body beside me to groan loudly when I accidentally threw his or her arm away. Who could it be?

"You wake up?" A familiar voice rings through my ears.

This room, this voice.

Shit! Who else could it be besides the wife of mine who always loves to accuse me of something I do not know I can do in my whole life?

"Why am I in your bedroom?" I ask, finally turning to her. Her hair is messy, and her eyes are slightly open.

"This is our bedroom, remember?" She responses like this is the easiest thing in the world, and I am stupid enough to not understand that this room is ours.

"Lisa, you need some coffee. A dark coffee to make you feel alerted because right now I feel like you said something you never mean to say it." I blurt out loudly, and she sits up next to me instantly. Her hand catches my wrist, "Last night, I slept here with my wife. I don't remember anything besides the fact that she is married to me." She smiles innocently.

God, please tell me that this is a joke or something. Since she has gotten up, she becomes weirder and weirder, and that's not what I expected when I went to the bar to drink my misery away. I also believed that she would ask for a divorce in the morning, telling my mother that I made her ashamed by going to drink like a whore or something.

I shake my head a few times, trying to focus on her face again. Maybe, I sleep talking, or a nightmare or...

"Jennie," She waves her hand in front of me while calling my name, "Are you spacing out?" She smirks arrogantly, "Never see someone beautiful like this in the morning?"

Shit!

Gee, anyone here if you heard my prayer, please wake me up. I don't know what to do anymore. Suddenly, my mind works, and I pinch her arm harshly because I am so sure that this is not Lisa. She is someone else for sure.

"Ouch!" She shouts, rubbing her arm rapidly. "Well, are you crazy, Jennie?" She glares at me.

Yes, this is someone I am familiar with. "No, I am not. Just want to make some experiment." I say before climbing off the bed when I feel a grip on my waist, pulling me back on the bed. "You just pinched me, and where do you want to go, huh?"

I widen my eyes to see Lisa's face so close to mine as I unconsciously push her away when she is fast enough to catch my hand tightly. "Lisa! Don't touch me," As soon as my words come out, her eyes darken in anger, "And, who can touch you if your wife can't?"

"We are separated, remember?" I fire back.

"No, I don't remember. As I said, I just know that you are my wife, and we live together. I have already told you. So, don't bring it up again." She says in determination, making my head spin more than it already is. I whine in pain.

"Did I hurt you?" She asks in panic, still not releasing my hand after loosening it a little bit.

"Not at all. Lisa, release me. I want to take a shower." I sigh, annoyed at her strange behavior.

My eyes frightenedly widen when she leans down to my ear as her nose brushes along the way, "You can't be annoyed at me. I am your wife, the one who changed your clothes last night. You should be thankful for that." As those words come out, I use my full strength to push her away successfully.

"What are you talking about, pervert?!" I shout, first time, realizing that I do not even have bras on. My hands fly on my chest, and the idiot smirks in response. "I have never thought you are that kind of person, Lisa." My face becomes deadly serious, and she stops smirking and starts messing her hair up with her free hand, and the other one still lingers on my leg.

I get up instantly before she cuts me off, "Are you mad?"

Turning to her, I snort. "What am I supposed to be, then?" My hands are on my waist, challenging her more, I stand still, looking at her deep brown eyes.

"Jennie, I-"

Not wanting to listen to her anymore, I face her with my back. "It's okay. You can do whatever you want, Lisa. You never listen to anyone besides yourself, right?"

She sighs loudly, "Jennie, I didn't look at you." She blurts out before continuing, "It's okay if you don't believe me because I have always been a bad wife. I have never listened to you. But I swear, I didn't look at you when you were naked. I-uh... glanced away." She mumbles embarrassedly as I bite my lips to prevent myself from smiling at her behavior.

"How can I believe you?" I ask, still not turning to face her.

"I swear! I never lie."

"Alright," I pace to take my old clothes on the chair.

"Where are you going?" She asks instantly.

"Bathroom," I literally run to the door when I hear her mumbling something about grabbing me back.