Chapter Three

LISA

As I arrive at my company, Mr. Yang hurries to open the door for me before I step outside myself. "Thanks, Mr. Yang." I smile at him before he hands me a large container as I frown in confusion.

"Huh?"

"This is your lunch, Ms. Manoban." He smiles shyly at me as I get more confused at his action.

What's wrong with him, today?

"I can eat at my office. You don't need to buy me lunch or even make it yourself for me. Keep it for yourself. Thank you, anyways." I hand it back to him politely before walking to the elevator as he runs after me, "This is not mine. I am bringing this to you because your wife asked me to do so."

At the mention of my wife, I turn back. "You didn't make or buy this for me?"

"No, I didn't. Your wife gave this to me this morning. She even made me a sandwich for bringing this to you. Please, take this, Ms. Manoban. I have already promised her to make sure that you will eat her lunch."

"Well, you don't have to do what she said. She isn't your boss, and you can take this and eat it at lunch. Tell her, I am the one who eats it. That's it." I curve my lips up at my brilliant idea.

"Ms. Manoban, she made this specifically for you. I can't take this because I know how much she put effort into this. Take it or throw it away. I don't want to meddle in your business between you and your wife. I didn't take this not because her food isn't delicious, it's just she looked happy and hopeful when she gave it to me. I couldn't do something I consider it inconsiderate." He finishes, looking irritated as he tugs the box in my hand before stomping off.

"Mr. Yang!"

"Sorry, Ms." He utters before bolting to the car without glancing back.

I shake my head. His attitude! He has to be more careful with that if he still wants to have his job. This is the first time that he acted like this to me since he worked as my personal chauffeur.

I sigh, gazing at the lunch box in my hand.

She is the one who made him this way.

Opening my office door, I toss the box on the desk before starting to work my butt off, taking my mind of my wife, the culprit of making Mr. Yang angry with me. I don't want to have any argument with anyone who works with me, and she manages to do it on the first day of being my wife.

Knock Knock~

"Come it," I shout as my best friend's scowling face comes into view. "The fuck Manoban! I said I could manage your work here. You don't have to come to work after your wedding day, do you?" He scolds me with an angry look.

Again!

"Bam, I am working. If you don't have anything, please kindly leave me alone." I say, focusing on my computer screen again.

"Lisa, it's lunchtime. Let's go grabbing a bite together." He says as I look at my wristwatch in shock, not realizing that it's already afternoon.

"Alright," I say, getting up before taking my blazer hanged on my chair.

"What is this?"

I turn to see Bam pointing at the lunchbox as I sigh before answering, "It's a lunchbox. Can't you see."

He ignores my word before opening the box, which contains different types of foods. Some rice, grilled pork, vegetables, and some fruits. Does she think I am a toddler at school who needs nourishment to grow up or something?

"Wow, it looks delicious. I can't believe you have already bought this."

"It's from my house." I utter.

"Well, that's why it doesn't look like-"

He gasps before literally shouting at me. "Who made this for you? I am sure you can't cook, Manoban. Jennie!!"

"Could you calm down, please? It's just food."

"Shut up, Lisa! She is such a wife material. She makes me want to get married as well. Ask your wife if she has a sister or friends, or-"

"Bam! Stop talking. I am hungry. Let's go have lunch."

He glares at me as if I am a petulant kid, "Are you stupid? Your wife made this for you. You don't want to be an ungrateful wife, do you? Look! If you don't want to eat, I will take this, and I will pay for your lunch today. I don't want to waste your wife's food and effort, you know." He grins, making me want to wipe his stupid look off him with my fist right now.

I didn't take this not because her food isn't delicious, it's just she looked happy and hopeful when she gave it to me. I couldn't do something I consider it inconsiderate. Mr. Yang's voice rings in my fucking head as I try to brush it off and act like the usual Lisa who doesn't give a fuck of what she doesn't care, but she fucking cares right now.

"Go eat your lunch, I will eat this," I say, grabbing the box from my best friend whose grin becomes wider.

"I don't want to be rude," I utter before grabbing a bite of the grilled pork.

"Delicious?" He asks with a slight smirk.

"NO!"

"Give me a bite!"

"Go away!"

He laughs at me before bolting to the door, "Enjoy your lunch, Ms. Manoban. Your wife is so thoughtful. I love her already." He says, forming a heart shape with his fingers, making me boiling inside at his playful behavior.

"FUCK.OFF!"

As he shuts the door, I continue to devour the stuff inside the box. I don't know that I am this hungry until I eat the food.

After half an hour, I finish everything within the box, grabbing my phone to call the love of my life. A few rings and she picks up.

"Honey, I want to meet you. Can you come to me after work?"

I smile before agreeing.