Chapter One Hundred & Twenty Two | TrialXSurprise

I held my breath as I held Gilbert and Francis's hands and walked back into the meeting room where I'd been in agony just minutes ago. I was met with confused and serious looks from everyone in the room.

"Why the hell are you not crying in pain?" Ashlyn asked, seeming almost annoyed.

"Because she's a tough one," Gilbert hissed back, and I noticed Ludwig staring daggers at me in concern before looking to Gilbert, who met his gaze with equal concern and confusion.

I sat back in the seat I'd been given, huddled closely between Gilbert and Francis and clawing at my arms, almost drawing blood. I was anxious. I was nervous. I didn't see Kuro, and I didn't want to, I just wanted to yell at him, but nothing I say would make a difference, I wanted a satisfying conclusion, for him to get what he deserved but there was nothing I could do.

I tightened my grip around Gilbert's hand, who flinched and looked down at me.

"Where is he?" I whispered.

"In the front row, next to Kiku and Yao," he pointed out for me, and I nodded. I could see the back of his head, and then he turned to look at me, and my blood froze.

His gleaming red eyes made me feel helpless all over again, and the shivers sent throughout my body jolted me in my seat, and Gilbert wrapped his arm around me defensively and in protection.

The doors opened again, and Wendy came into the room, being the only other witness to Kuro's act. She immediately met my eyes in concern. Her yellow eyes were fierce and determined; she was a strong girl, and she wanted to protect me too.

I wish I could protect myself. That's how it used to be, but now...now there are people even stronger than me, and I was once someone no one else could face....this feels like before. Before everything. Before Lynette.

But...

I'll make sure he can't hurt me anymore.

I will soon be as strong as the rest of them. I mustn't give in to fear; I have to turn this emotion into something else. So that's what I did.

I held my sides, and I concentrated, and I thought, and I felt my blood boiling.

I will not fear you.

I will hate you.

Hate you with all that I am.

I will let this hate brew in my blood until one day it tips over.

And when that happens...I will kill you.

The sudden hateful gleam in my eye, the deadly aura building around me, was strong enough the others took notice. Auras are not just who we are but how we are feeling. However, only empathy can determine the everyday feelings. It's the massive, overflowing emotions that everyone can read, and everyone can feel. And they all feel my hate. They all know how things will go if I, as a vampire, am ever with Kuro alone.

Gilbert's grip on my shoulder tightened.

"A... f-frau..."

I glared daggers at him unintentionally. I wasn't angry with him at all, but he was distracting me from my rage. From everything I wanted to do to Kuro.

I didn't wish for his death.

I wished for his suffering.

But Kuro was centuries old and good friend with many people and in a strong and influential clan. Other than that, he used to be the peaceful type, it's not like I could understand the troubles of a vampire that lived through an atomic bombing and every other war before and after that, but I wasn't about to feel sympathy for him.