Chapter Twenty | GuestsXLimo

The chairs were filled and overflowing in the open theatre room in the heart of New York City.

I was more popular than I'd thought and unprepared to answer of few of the questions given to me.

I wasn't one to take compliments so I was flustered rather easily too.

I loved to answer these questions though, I knew my characters inside and out, things about them you wouldn't think to have come up with, but I did. I'd worked on them over twelve years after all.

All this excitement distracted me from Arthur and Alfred while it lasted but when I waved goodbye to everyone and walked off the stage the first people to greet me were the two of them.

I tried not to grimace as I met with them again in a less formal appearance.

"So Arthur tells me you've met," Alfred started, starry-eyed.

"Yes, unfortunately," I said very plainly and Arthur huffed in annoyance.

"What did I tell you," he grumbled and Alfred laughed at him.

"Cheer up old man, you get offended too easily."

"You're one to talk, I asked about your jeans this morning and stabbed me in the shoulder-"

Visibly confused as well as very curious what these two supposedly very professional and proper men were discussing they stopped at my sign of interest.

Straightening his tie even though it didn't need to be straightened, Arthur cleared his throat and they stood to the side as my family greeted me.

I hadn't seen them in months, they were becoming anxious.

My mom showered me with kisses and praises and my dad hugged me and I grumbled when he kissed my head. My brother said it was cool and he shook my hand like we didn't know each other, I called him a dork and chased him until I got a hug.

Francis, Antonio, and Gilbert were nowhere to be seen and I assumed they must be with a girl somewhere unless they were avoiding Arthur and Alfred.

But they seemed too protective to just leave me with these two who they'd described as highly dangerous people.

Was this some yakuza type shit where members were also high-class people with wealthy jobs and such? Certainly started to feel like it.

I'd do some deep web digging later.

My family and I caught up over lunch at Starbucks where fans straight from the convention approached me and drew more attention.

Flattered but overwhelmed I answered things quickly.

I had to sign things at one-o-clock, they could've waited until then but the lines were probably really long.

When I returned to sign things the trio was still nowhere to be seen, my parents had to head home already for their own personal lives and jobs and I was stuck sitting at a table in front of the stage with Tracy who was being strict with how much I was being paid for autographs and selfies.

I made my own deal that selfies with cosplayers would be free.

After that was over I was picked up in a limo, on my own for the first time in a long time and spent five minutes scrolling through tagged pictures of me on my author Instagram that o failed to notice the trio had been in the limo that entire time.

"___-" Antonio shouted snapping me out of things.

"Holy-what the fu-" I started screaming.

"Let's go back to the room, forget dinner okay?" Antonio insisted.