Chapter One Hundred & Ten | GilbertXChild

A sea of blood.

The persona of what my life had become. Every time I rested my eyes I woke up there, the place I'd grown so used to, but it wasn't even a years time before that that I began struggling to keep my head above water and letting my chains drag me down to where I couldn't breathe, where I couldn't be in control.

The vampire queen dubbed me a "red vampire", that's what they chose to call me anyway. I guess I'm my own new species, that didn't make adjusting to life any easier.

But that night...

It was the first time I saw anyone besides my mirror image. I saw something just above the water, dripping in blood.

And it looked like a premature infant.

I told Francis and Antonio, I told Elisa, I told anyone who might listen.

At first, I thought Elisa was pregnant and I was overjoyed to be a father but then I realized maybe it was a grim warning. That not every woman the venom attacked while possessing me had died.

In that case, the mother wouldn't recall me but if she were a virgin in her own mind she'd be terrified, no one would believe her, she'd be outcast or at worst killed all for something she thankfully had no memory of.

That's why I decided I needed to find them. I wasn't daring to make a connection with this woman after what happened because of me but I needed to protect the baby and that actually might just make things worse...

After realizing this an investigation was immediately started, mostly by myself but the queen caught word and realizing an unattended dhampire could reveal the truth she sent help. But in reality, the queen knew something was wrong before any of us. She knew because the venom possessed me when the child was created that the father was actually the venom and not me.

It was at this point I realized Ludwig would be a demonic being and due to my past religiousness, it worried me to no end that Ludwig wouldn't just be evil but that I might need to hide him away. It never once crossed my mind to kill him but it crossed everyone else's minds even Antonio's and Francis's. In that sense, I felt like I had something in common with this child other than a small fraction of my DNA that remained in my body while the venom possessed me.

Despite all my fears and worries about and for Ludwig, I was also jittery with excitement.

I'd brought Life into the world instead of taking it.

This life was my son.

I had a son, I was a father- sort of.

Francis and Antonio tried to be excited for me but they were too afraid I'd be heartbroken.

Eventually, we tracked this woman and her family down.

She was in her early twenties, her name was Monika. She had a husband Lutz and their life was beautiful and perfect.

My worries faded away but then I felt guilty I'd have to take some of this happiness if theirs away.

I watched them from a distance for a long time.

Monika was twenty-three, Lutz was twenty-nine, they lived with Monika's parents and siblings. Monika's mother was Forty, her father was Fifty Seven, she had an older sister, two older brothers, a twin sister and two younger brothers. Her oldest sister lived there with her husband and they had Chlodwig, Hagathat, Garibald and August.

Monika already two children, brunette twin brothers who were mischievous and a little bratty, running around hitting people with sticks, hopefully, Ludwig would look like them was what I wished for most. I didn't want the child to stand out too much.