Chapter Eleven | FightXApologize

"Well, I guess I could say the same," I added.

"We won't let you get hurt for us."

"I get hurt for people all the time, I wholeheartedly believe I was put on this earth to help it, to change it, to share who I am with it. The people that come into my life will remain in it if I have anything to say about it." I exclaimed.

"____, just listen!" Francis stormed.

I shrunk into my seat feeling a little afraid.

He had an energy to him, I hadn't felt it before, he was lethally dangerous. I knew that I think I'd always known that a little. That lethal energy wasn't focused on me I knew that too, but it wasn't any less terrifying.

"Francis-" Gilbert exclaimed.

"___ we're sorry he isn't usually like this-" Antonio tried to sooth.

Without thinking I threw the empty cereal box at Francis.

I stood up abruptly challenging him with a fiery look.

The look in his eyes could've intimidated demons but I was too stubborn for my own good and I'm sure he knew that.

The cereal box hit his chest with a small smack and he remained unmoved.

"No you listen to me- I'm fine, don't helicopter me or I'll leave, I like you guys slot but I won't tolerate being treated like a child!" I hollered.

Antonio and Gilbert walked to either side of Francis worried about how he may respond now but he didn't.

He stormed up the stairs and the bedroom door slammed shut with the force of a freight truck barreling down hill.

I flinched at the loud sound and shook my head.

Antonio ran after him and Gilbert hugged me to his chest but I pushed him away and stormed out the front door.

I didn't take the van, I'd probably drive recklessly.

I fumed as I sped walked down the street.

A car passed but neither passenger paid mind to me.

My footsteps were rather loud, which took effort on a gravel road.

Birds were chirping peacefully but all I heard was the front door open and slam shut moments after me.

I heard Gilbert run up to my side.

For his fast speed, he wasn't breathless, a quick sprint was effortless for him.

He walked next to me in silence respecting my fury.

He trailed very closely behind watching me nervously.

"Are you going to leave..." he hesitated to ask to worried to hear my answer.

"Not if Francis apologizes for being an ass." I hissed.

Against his better judgment he agreed with Francis, "he's just worried-"

"Too worried, god I don't even know you that well and you're so suspicious I must be some horror movie cliché that goes to the dangerous noises. I should have a million red flags going off with you three but I still trust you and I must be bad shit crazy for it I swear." I ranted.

"We've never had someone in our lives we cared about other than is three," he elaborated.

I stopped my rambling to hear him out.

"We've been together for years...each of us, we all had pretty hard childhoods and anyone we get close too...well, we try not to get close to people because we're so used to losing them."