Chapter Six | TimeXLeaving

That had happened six days ago.

I'm meant to leave tomorrow but honestly, I think I'd miss them a bit. They're very mysterious in their own right while also being open books about all other things. They're fun and carefree and they really care about each other and me.

I could see myself staying longer.

They'd done their best to make me feel at home, but there were some things that were still uncomfortable.

Especially after the weird incident. They were really on edge, we still talked but they were more cautious about when I left to town.

They made sure one of them was always with me and they hung outside the bars but never went in. Like they were looking for someone, guarding something.

I'm not sure how much trust I should put in them. They seem to care about everyone's safety yet they're still hiding something potentially deadly.

They mentioned an Arthur, they said it'd happened before.

They called the police and the police questioned them and they tried to keep me out of it, but the officer saw me.

The same one from the night I met the three.

He said it was nice to see me again.

He asked if I was one of them now.

I asked him to clarify.

He didn't.

He asked what I saw.

I saw blood splattered trees. A saw frayed rope not there long enough to be buried in the leaves. He told me he was sorry I had to see that. I told him I'd seen worse.

He asked me what that meant.

I told him he didn't need to know.

I've been talking with my mom since then, she doesn't know I'm staying with three strange men. That wouldn't make her feel any better than me stranded by the German border, but I did send my best friend my location. I did that on occasion, so people always know the last place I stopped. Even if I'm just filling up gas, safety is key for a life on the road, all alone.

I've had difficulty writing while being here. I'm an author, it's how I make money, but they're so distracting.

Especially when women come over.

There's no way anything can feel good enough to make you scream.

I mentioned my thoughts on that the day after and they smirked and told me 'wanna bet?'.

I didn't really wanna find out for myself, I'm not comfortable enough to be sexual with them, not with anyone actually.

I'm surprised the kind of girls that drop by. They aren't always strippers or dressed inappropriately, some of them seem like shy introverts. One girl looked like she cut her wrists. She was lonely and beautiful but she thought very little of herself. Surely someone like the three of them saw nothing in her. Gilbert told me they often flirt with the girls like her, who think they aren't worth anything. The girl left happily, reassured in herself. They'd kissed her wrists as the parted ways and the next time I saw her a few days later there were no recent scars.

I'd gotten to talking to her a bit, she thought very highly of them.

In fact, everyone in town thought highly of them.

I'd dropped by a popular German food chain restaurant and all the staff knew them. By the exchanged looks it would seem our waiter, Gunter, had probably slept with them.