Chapter Fifty Five | SurpriseXTension

"Oh come on I had to fix that like ten days ago," was the first thing out of my mouth. Then it sunk in only one person would do that so casually.

"Gil," the name left Francis's lips before Antonio or mine.

It was said with awe, like he was that surprised.

It hadn't even been a day, from what I heard he usually was much longer.

"Guess again," I heard a British accent and my heart didn't just drop I was kinda pissed.

"Oh great the days ruined," I mumbled without thinking.

Arthur furrowed his bushy eyebrows and scowled, an expression not unusual for him.

"Some greeting you twat, shouldn't a pet be cowering behind its master?" He warned.

"I'm an attack dog," I immediately responded.

"Bloody Hell you are, I saw what you did to Dedric," he thoughtlessly mentioned and the flashbacks of that bloody night reappeared in my mind. I held the sides of my head in a brief moment of panic before Antonio patted my back and pulled me into his lap on the chair.

"You two look awful what happened to you," Arthur asked sitting a box down on the table and pulling a chair up for himself.

"Sex," Antonio replied and I mentally facepalmed.

"In my fucking room," I muttered, forgetting I was supposed to be in "pet" mode around other vampires.

"That's so, then can we expect her to be turned soon?" Arthur asked leaning in curiously with a sly grin on his face.

"I wasn't involved," I explained.

He seemed a little appalled, "these three honestly have no manners, you should come to our clan instead, I'd make good use of you as my pet," he purred.

Antonio's grip tightened around me and they gave him angry expressions.

"Oh lighten up I'm only teasing, I brought you something since today is one of your "possibility days"; that's what you call them is it not?" He asked.

Francis seemed very surprised.

"What zhe 'ell 'ave you brought upon us zhis time?" He worried, noticeably shaking.

"Relax it's not edible," he complained.

"Neither was what you brought last year," Antonio snarked.

"Those were perfectly good confectionaries!" He snapped.

"No they weren't, we use them as decorative rocks in the garden," Antonio informed and his eye twitched.

Arthur managed to calm himself down.

Francis very cautiously opened the box before him.

"Now it's rather delicate do be careful," he cautioned, he seemed almost a little excited for Francis to see his gift.

Francis pulled out a gold chalice.

"What the hell, you can make good money if you pawn that off," I joked and Arthur tapped his foot and glared at me.

"I highly doubt you'll want to sell it, it took a great deal of trouble for my clan to find."

"Then what is it exactly other than just a Golden chalice?" Antonio asked as Francis eyed it carefully.

"It's from the French royal court of the seventeenth century," he puffed his chest out proudly.

Francis actually looked rather touched.