Chapter Forty Seven | FearsXMirrors

Last nights trauma had yet to leave me. It was still as fresh in me as it had been in the moment and I feared it might never leave.

I hadn't remembered falling asleep but Antonio was sprawled out on top of me, face resting peacefully below my breasts, Gilbert had his arm thrown over me and had been snoring in my ear and drooling on my pillow, which was kind of adorable. Francis had his arm under me, cushioning my head and his leg was off the bed as there wasn't much room.

Gilbert looked up groggily, also seeming surprised he'd fallen asleep.

My heat waves of anxiety hadn't ceased even though Francis tried to blur the memories, it wasn't very effective on me.

I was too embarrassed to tell my family what happened, I would only worry them, they'd probably be more of a wreck than me and insist I come home.

My family doesn't know about a lot of my scars, I didn't want to upset them, their baby girl exploring the world recklessly.

Gilbert tried to fall back asleep not wanting to stir me but he noticed the anxious beads of sweat all over my body and his concern kept him awake.

He gently shook Antonio who when looking up accidentally planted his face between my breasts and he turned red and apologized frantically, knowing that was the last thing I needed.

Francis got up with a confused mumble and the three circled me with worrying expressions.

Antonio felt my forehead, much hotter than it should've been and Francis rushed to get a cold rag while Gilbert turned the fan up.

They turned the tv in my room on and I turned it to a children's show, it made me nostalgic for childlike innocence, nothing about watching a kids show could make me feel like an awful person.

Gilbert brought me a gelatin-free cinnamon-pop tart and stayed by my side refusing to leave me.

Antonio checked my temperature but I wasn't sick, the heat was caused by anxious nausea.

I took my medication and I spent the day like that.

No one made flirtatious comments, they sat in silence watching kids shows with me, Antonio made popcorn eventually but I wasn't hungry.

I spent several more days bedridden in anxiety slowly adjusting to routine but still plagued with haunting memories of what was nearly rape.

The house was very quiet, the trio spent all their time focusing on me and didn't bring anyone over.

Kuro was still in a holding cell being punished as his clan issued a formal apology, not like that made me feel any better

"Did the venom control him?" I asked Antonio who was reading a gossip magazine beside me.

"Hm?"

"You said venom can make you do crazy things, practically possess you," I detailed.

"Non, zhat was just Kuro," Francis sighed, he set down the book he was reading in the corner of my room.

"How bad can venom really get?" I pried.

"Monstrous," Gilbert said without missing a beat.

"Can you tell me about the red storm?"

Gilbert choked on his popcorn at the end of the bed and Antonio and Francis looked horrified and shocked.

"I-I heard you knew him-"

"Vhere did you here zhat!?" Gilbert asked sternly.

I flinched and he held back his discomfort with the discussion.