Chapter Seventy One | IntrovertsXInvitations

What kind of games do vampires play at parties?

Answer: I don't want to know.

Antonio brought me closer to him and Elizabetta spoke up against Alfred, "let's vait till it's darker, let's dance!" She suggested and the others cheered.

Alfred folded his arms in a slight pout and everyone moved the furniture out of the room. Instead of moving the furniture, Antonio moved me. He swept me into his arms and carried me to a kitchen corner while the furniture was tucked away or moved outside entirely.

Better hope it doesn't rain.

"Can't we dance outside?" I asked Antonio and he shook his head.

"It's too hot out and the sun is still up for now," he reminded me.

Right, heat-sickness.

The music-Mathias's Spotify playlist was blasted through the house. I didn't see the need to blast music when their hearing was already abnormally strong.

A few vampires, very few, stood more awkwardly towards the walls while the dancing got out of hand.

One of them was Emil.

I waved and he blushed and averted his eyes.

His friend Raivis nudged him towards me and he blushed and looked angrily at him. They eventually walked over to me and introduced themselves.

"E-Emil," Emil said quietly and held out his hand to shake.

I did so and he squeezed too hard.

"Ouch-Human, Remember," I gasped and he panicked and apologized.

"F-fyrirgefðu," He stammered an apology.

Raivis laughed nervously, hoping they hadn't made a poor impression.

They looked like young adults but I had to keep reminding myself they were probably much older.

Out of sheer curiosity, I asked, "so when were you guys turned?" I hoped it wasn't a touchy subject.

"875-"

"Oh duck," I blurted out.

I hadn't expected Emil to be older than both Antonio and Gilbert.

"Sorry continue," I blushed.

"Did you say duck?" Raivis asked.

"I'm trying not to curse," I mumbled and he laughed.

"Right...875 AD, I went to Iceland with my mother as a baby, we were trying to get away from King Herald," Emil started.

Interrupting again, "the fair-haired?" I asked.

Something sparked in his eyes, joy?

"You know of him?"

"Yeah, he's widely regarded as the first king of Norway," I exclaimed.

He nodded and continued, "my older brother..." he hesitated to tell me, "Lukas..he was a follower of herald but he sent us away because it was chaotic at the time," he explained and listened extremely interested.

"You and Lukas are brothers?"

He nodded embarrassedly.

Suddenly Lukas came up from behind him, "talking about me?" He leaned in over Emil's shoulder.

Emil jumped and pushed him away and Lukas ignored his efforts and bear-hugged him as Emil looked like he was dying inside just a little.

"Hello ___," Lukas greeted me formally and I waved shyly.