Chapter Fifteen | JuneXPretend

It was now June, the carrots I rescued were coming along nicely. Antonio said he couldn't wait to eat them so I screamed "how dare you eat me children" and he almost died laughing.

Antonio as a joke would occasionally ask what sex toys sounded best and I'd throw whatever was nearest at him.

Gilbert still teased me about my lapse in strength when I'd seriously considered letting him grind me.

That same day the effects of not taking my medication in time were deathly as usually. I'm convinced one of them did something to knock me out as soon as my breathing was labored from anxiety because I don't remember anything other than they woke me up late at night to give me my pills on time before letting me drift back off. I was grateful of course but I was starting to suspect they had some kind of hypnosis tricks going on then.

Francis had finished his book decoding and didn't let me read it, I had finished my final draft for my book and we'd crowded around as a pushed send and had it off to the editor about a week or so ago.

I was supposed to hear back from the editors that day for the final word. I'd already had a few revisions suggested and the artwork for the cover brought up.

I'd have to meet in person for the final arrangements and that's what I was waiting for, when to come in and where.

"New York?" Gilbert asked when I told him about the call.

I was jumping in excitement like a child on Christmas Day, "Yeah! They loved it and they need me to go over things with them in New York!" I squealed jumping around.

Francis and Antonio looked excited too.

"¡Yay, viaje por carretera!" Antonio exclaimed from the back of the couch.

"You guys want to come to?" I asked.

"Ve haven't been to the states in a while, I'd like to see New York again and maybe we can go to a beach or something now that it's summer." Gilbert mused.

"Sure! That'd be so fun! I can take y'all with me on my book tour!"

"Do we get to read it first?"

"Nein." I joked.

"Chica."

"Let me read your vampri book."

"Nein."

"Then we've reached a stalemate, my friend," we playfully argued.

"Let me put Lynette on speaker, I can ask her to set something up for you," I say cheerfully.

I dialed her number and she answered before rung twice.

"How's my superstar?" She exclaimed.

"Great-"

"Fabulous! Girl, I've been talking you up all day, showing off to these other editors who can't get a decent writer-"

"Woman."

"Hmm?"

"I'm bringing my guy friends do you think you could set something up for them?"

"Girl, of course, I can, I got the perfect arrangement actually." She exclaimed.

"Great thanks-"

"How many?"

"Gil, Toni and Francis."

"Ooo, your playboys."

"Tracy." I shushed.

The trio laughed at this.