Chapter Eighty One | ElijahXTruth

Mama panicked as I lay on my side.

She brought me to her chest and she tossed aside the covers and she stood me up on my feet.

She saw the blood in my bed.

"Oh, my heavens, dear god, Elijah what's wrong?" She cried and shook me.

I felt blood running down my legs and I tensed up.

I didn't want mama to see me like this.

It would make her more sad when I died.

I sniffed and I pointed to my journal.

She called in papa.

I hope that didn't seem rude of me, I forgot she couldn't read.

Papa took too long and she looked over me. She felt my forehead, it was feverish.

She ripped the bloody sheets off my bed and Gaston walked in, saw the blood and panicked. Fifteen years old and he still couldn't handle blood.

Papa was in the Butchershop manning the counter, Rudy and his wife were at the bakery with their daughter. Wax was outside somewhere probably guarding the house like he always did.

I heard my papa's voice and I heard him run into the house. His footsteps were loud.

"Grunhilde vhat's happening!?"

She pointed to the journal.

He read it over and his first conclusion was a horrified gasp, "suicide!?"

I was too startled to laugh, I was kind of angry.

"No, I'm fucking bleeding where my dicks supposed to be!" I shouted.

"Supposed to!?" They both panicked. Mama was too worried to call me out on cursing.

"It never grew it like it vas supposed to!" I cried and I let it all out. My biggest secret, my biggest flaw. I fell into manas arms and she and papa were stuttering and terrified.

"I-it never grew?" Mama asked.

I shook my head.

"D-do you mean got bigger? You're still young, Rudy vas fifteen, j-ju don't have to vorry," papa stumbled on his words, a cold sweat on his forehead.

I shook my head.

"No, I mean it didn't grow at all! Vhats my big secret! I'm not scarred I'm just deformed! I'm not like the other boys, I'm pathetic and I'll never get to marry Adela! Now I'm dying because of it!" I wailed.

Papa fell down onto the bed and let out a long breath, head in his hands.

He looked at mama who looked even more horrified than I was.

"You-you don't vhink vhis entire time ve couldn't have known...." He mumbled, "Vhat kind of parents are ve..." he looked sullen.

"Elijah, I know you're shy but I need to help you so you need to show me where it's bleeding. B-Bertholdt, maybe ve should have privacy?" She asked him nervously and he sat up slowly and looked back on us sadly before shutting the door to address Gaston who was worried about me. It felt nice knowing he cared a little.

I reluctantly showed her my pathetic lack of manhood and she gasped.

I turned red and angrily shouted at her, "vell you didn't have to react like Vhat! I know it's pathetic!" I cried and covered myself. I didn't feel like putting in bloody clothing.

"E-Elijah vhere somevhing you don't know, vhat ve didn't know either and I'm not sure how no one knew but..."

"Can you just help me stop dying first!?" I wailed and she bit her lip.