Chapter Forty Five | KuroXFury

I've known about the existence of vampires for a few days. They all had dangerous auras, no way was I going to be able to distinguish an average vampire from a dangerous one.

All vampires were dangerous it's just they had a set of roles they followed, some vampires didn't follow them.

These vampires were extremely dangerous to everyone and often sentenced to life in prison depending on severity but some vampires skimmed the line between legal and illegal and Kuro was one of those vampires.

I had quickly run up the line of stairs away from the ensuing chaos of the party I wanted nothing to do with and collapsed on the soft carpet floor near the balcony overlooking the large living area everyone else was.

This room looked like it was made for kids.

There was a flat screen tv, two beanbag chairs and two racks of comic and manga books lining each wall. The other side of the room had two closets a large window and a small table underneath.

In this room was also a man. A small Japanese man with blood-colored eyes and an intimidating aura who looked like he was about to kill me if I so much as blinked a certain way he didn't like and that might've been the truth.

This man looked similar to Kiku in every way but this man radiated an evil power whereas Kiku radiated an enlightened power.

All vampires radiated power I had no reason to suspect anything was too different.

I pulled a beanbag into the furthest corner from him and sat looking out the window.

I shifted uncomfortably trying to get the strange desires to die down completely.

I only knew this man was Kuro because I recall asking who he was earlier when Francis was looking for Kiku's twin. This man was obviously Kiku's twin.

I wonder what had happened for twins to be turned, or maybe they'd been born vampires, I still didn't know much about their atomy.

I turned away from him, my first mistake.

I looked out the window, focused on suppressing my thoughts and feelings. I didn't want to envy the people they were with because I didn't want to like them as much as I did but they were home to me. They were comforting to me, but I didn't know if I could trust them to stay away from other girls or guys. They seemed like an open relationship type of people, even if they weren't if I was ever to become more than friends that immediately puts intimacy into the picture. I can't give that to them and I want them to be happy which means I'll have to do what I always do and pine for them from a distance until I'm distracted or the fleeting crush goes away.

I sighed, for some reason, this grabbed Kuro's attention and he glared at me with ice in his eyes.

I shifted uncomfortably again but the beanbag made an odd sound and I heard him growl menacingly.

I apologized but he seemed offended I would dare speak to him.

"What is a pet doing up here?" He demanded to know.

Pet.

That's right I'm a pet, I'm a little too nervous to suck up to this guy though.

I batted my eyes innocently.

"Oh-I'm not participating until after I've had my mating ceremony," I said, trying to sound sincere.

He didn't change his menacing expression but he appeared by my side in the blink of an eye.

"You're rying," he hissed.

"Excuse me-"

"No excused, I can terr when people rie to me," he growled.