Chapter One Hundred & Thirty Six | PossibilitiesXPreperation

The last thing I wanted to be woken up to was the sunlight streaming into my windows. That meant my blinds were open. That meant I was exposed.

I began to panic—never a good start to the day—but before I could leap from my bed to close the blinds, I felt Gilbert's arm snake around me and pull me into his chest as he stirred from his sleep.

"The windows!" I fearfully exclaimed.

He looked up groggily and rubbed his eyes. Instead of doing anything himself, he called out for Francis, "Franny!"

Francis rushed upstairs and shut the blinds before glaring at Gilbert. "What've I said about zhat name?" He said through grit teeth.

"Not to say it," Gilbert sighed like a kid being scolded but rolled his eyes and snuggled close to me. I felt his breath on my neck as he curled around me protectively.

"Oi, Gil, are you going to get up anytime soon?" Francis asked. Gilbert's brows furrowed, and his grip around me tightened in protest.

Francis sighed and walked to Gilbert, forcefully prying his hands away from me.

"Hey! Nein!" Gilbert exclaimed as he was forced out of bed.

"I'm tired!" He protested.

"You don't even need sleep," Francis retorted, and after pushing Gilbert out the door, he shut it behind him and turned around to face me.

He smiled, pretending he hadn't manhandled Gilbert from the bed and that everything in the world was peaceful.

I held his gaze. He could see how nervous I was even though I wasn't shaking or speaking to him.

He scratched the back of his head and looked away from me awkwardly.

"Ah, so (Y/N), I made you zhat spa appointment you talked about," he informed me.

It'd slipped my mind in the chaos of last night.

"Th-thank you," I stuttered, looking at my hands as I fiddled with them.

I felt the bed indent as he sat at the end of my feet and placed his hands over mine, stopping me from picking at them.

"Cher..." he began quietly, giving me a sympathetic look.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

"Have you met me?"

He chuckled, "at least you're well enough to joke with me." He seemed a bit relieved.

I'm not sure that I was "well enough" or if everything from yesterday was coming back to me slowly.

I felt short of breath, and he leaned in and hugged me, pulling me to his chest, my chin on his shoulder as he kissed my ear.

"I promise you, Cher, everything will be okay. Your appointment is in three hours, but before zhen, we need to talk. As a clan."

I nodded and turned to step out of bed, but I heard Francis tut playfully and was pushed gently into the pillows again.

"We prepared a special breakfast for you today, but first, I'd like mine. Are you okay with zhis?" He double-checked as he unfastened his shirt color.

I nodded and leaned my head to the right to give him more room.

His body weighed into me as he sank his fangs into my neck.

He hummed happily at the taste of my warm blood, and I could hear him quietly swallowing as I stared past him at the ceiling above.

Francis was unusually gentle today. He was the most gentle of the trio, but today it was if I was made of glass though I'm sure yesterday I proved things were just the opposite.