Chapter Forty Nine | FunXQuestion

Gilbert took me around several places in town and I'd never had so much fun with him. It was nice to forget everything for a while even though I was with a man who if my suspicions were right was more dangerous than he seemed to be.

He borrowed his mechanic friends motorcycle and sped down the streets.

"Gil we're gonna die!" I'd been screaming while he laughed at me as I clung onto him.

He stopped after the cops repossessed the bike and he shrugged and laughed it off.

I needed a minute to sit down so he took me to an indoor go-kart track.

I won.

Cause I cheated.

"Vhat's unfair," he mumbled as we left the building.

"Life is unfair."

After that, he got a milkshake but his albino-pink hue eyes were turning redder and I knew he needed blood soon.

Neither of us had expected to be out for so long but the sky was getting darker already so we headed to a bar where we were currently waiting on food.

"It took you that long to decide you wanted pizza," I complained while tapping my fingers on the wooden bar table.

"Vell I vanted to make sure," he retorted and I rolled my eyes at him.

He tapped my ankle with his foot and we fought like children, kicking each other's shins, he was careful not to exert enough strength to hurt me more than a gentle, quick, nudge.

"We should've gone to Pizzaspiel," I muttered avoiding looking at the men at the bar who gave me curious glances or something more sinister.

Gilbert glared at them and that was enough to scare them stiff.

"Nah, vhat place feels bit too sad now..." he said trailing of melancholically.

"I didn't realize you actually cared about Heidi."

"She had a hard life. Her mom vas a prostitute and her school found out vhen she vas vittle and everyone called her a slut. She became bitter and started bullying other girls calling them similar awful things. The slut rumors escalated and she vas nearly gang-raped. It vas us that stopped those men, she vas very lucky ve vere vhere. She kept giving us vittle gifts and such and one-day ve sort of just happened. She treated others the way others treated her and vhat vas wrong but I can see how it happened. To make it vorse she didn't have a happy ending, she vas killed and torn apart and eaten posthumously."

Well then...god, now I feel kinda bad for hating her.

"Now I feel bad."

"I understand your dislike of her but it's still sad."

I fiddled with my hands anxiously, "you know...sometimes I have a hard time feeling things at all..."

I gave me a quizzical look.

"Like...usually just on the news, I hear something sad and it has no effect on me, even if the event was deadly and in my hometown...I just don't feel anything. I've always been told to fake that emotion instead, my town had something really tragic happen so I made motivational social media posts and stuff but I just, couldn't feel anything about it. Like I lacked the ability to care."

"Sometimes those things happen in response to having cared op much in the past or being afraid to care so much again. Vere you hurt like vhat?"

"School took a real toll on me and I wasn't even there every day of the week, I didn't even graduate properly, I got kicked out based on rumors. It was traumatizing and if that school wasn't held in a religious building I swear I'd've burned it down, no hesitations."