Chapter Twenty Two | EntranceXInsisting

Hell of an entrance guys, did you have to get everyone riled up at once?

They didn't seem pleased to even mention you earlier.

"Francis, Gilbert and Antonio," the man who'd introduce me announced.

"They already know Feliks," Gilbert snarked.

Feliks the short blonde haired man with emerald green eyes gave him a look I can only describe as sassy and he huffed and sat back down with the brown-haired man he'd been flirting with all night.

The three friends pushed past anyone who tried to greet them on their way to my table. I stood up quickly to meet them and Francis opened his arms and quickly took me into his chest.

"Francis-"

"Mon amour are you alright, no one 'as done anyzhing weird to you?"

"Weird how, because they've only made me more suspicious of your 'family'."

"Family?" Gilbert questioned and turned to Elizabetta.

"You still vhink vhat ve are is Family?" He questioned her. "Family doesn't try to intimidate each other and force each other away and they don't put their friends into dangerous situations and bribe them for information."

"We've done none of that." Joan insisted angrily.

What did Gilbert think these people had done, sure they made their company sound like the Illuminati but they hadn't tortured me or anything.

Gilbert looked more and more annoyed until Ludwig got up from the table making himself known.

"Bruder?" Gil asked in surprise.

The two locked eyes for a moment and you could feel the tension between them. I looked to both of them curiously, had they had a falling out? Is that why Ludwig seemed concerned when he asked about them earlier.

Gilbert straightened his light blue suit, I still am not sure where they got those fancy outfits at the last minute but where there's a will there's a way, with them at least.

He broke eye contact first and Ludwig regained his attention, "you haven't come to the gatherings in a while?"

"Gatherings, you make us sound like a cult," Gil chuckled.

Ludwig was instantly relieved at Gil's lighthearted behavior and smiled.

"This gathering as you call it was meant to discuss my future working for this publishing company," I reminded. "I've heard only flirtations and gossip and I've had quite enough of it honestly." I addressed the crowd.

Those that weren't dangerous, that seemed normal, were taken aback by the revelation.

I felt a little guilty I intruded in their brotherly moment.

"Right, of course, ve heard a lot about you Ms. ____ 've got a vittle carried away," Ludwig apologized.

"Did you now?" Gilbert asked leaning in.

"Family reunions are such fun no?" Arthur asked, behind me again.

"Stop sneaking up behind me I swear to god," I yelled quietly. So as not to catch the normal guests attention.

"Anyways, I thought I'd surprise you," he purred mischievously.

"Okay, no, what?" I sputtered.

The elevator doors pinged as if on queue and my family, who I thought had gone home by now walked out excitedly.

"Oh, what the Scheiße?" I cursed.

My mom smiled brightly, her teeth perfectly white and shiny and she had on a church dress.