Chapter Twenty Nine | DreamsXBlood

I fell asleep dreaming of vampires.

I was dressed in black, lying dead in a pile of roses. Is was a very aesthetic dream, I couldn't quite put my finger on how real it seemed.

It rained and the makeup didn't wash off my face. My skin was ice cold and pale, it looked as delicate and smooth as porcelain.

My eyes had dark eyeshadow on them and were closed, my lips were blood red and my fingernails painted black, my body lay in an odd position, like I'd fallen.

The skies turned gray and the rain vanished and over me stood three figures with dark umbrellas.

It was the trio. Their eyes blazing red, void of emotion like they knew pain too well to care any longer.

Even they left and night came and my fingers twitched, coming back to life. I finally could move inside the dream and sat up gracefully looking around and stretching.

I was in the graveyard behind a church in the city I once lived in.

Dreams never make sense, otherwise, I would've been in a casket not a pile of roses in the rain and just left there for hours.

The night sky was perfect as always and I breathed in the cool air. Something about the air at night always felt right, felt like home.

The world around me fell apart and I fell through the grass like a broken mirror, shards of the world crumbling around me and breaking into smaller fragments on the black ground. Everything was black now, my every surrounding. I walked but there was no ground, I could see but there was no light. It was like an endless space that continued on forever.

I felt a prick on my finger and watched the blood trickle down my palm and fall into the black.

The black reacted violently, the blood multiplied like waves and the world was red.

I was drowned in an ocean of blood.

The sky was red, the sun was red, everything was red and I sank to the bottom. The blood was thin like water and I looked to the surface chained to the bottom of the shallow ocean floor.

Suddenly the blood turned into roses and fell on my deathly stuff body.

This time I was in a casket, it closed when the roses fell and I sank into the darkness like a soft marshmallow, a grave contrast to before.

This time the world was white and my eyes watered.

The tears slipped down my cheek and hit the floor-less area. It reacted gracefully, slowly filling up the white eternity with clear water to form a peaceful ocean.

I didn't sink, I stayed above the water and bobbed underneath frequently.

I could breathe and I could swim and it felt like flying.

It was blissful happiness and it went on forever until that world faded away and I stood before a mirror.

I could hear the sound of a faucet dripping and approached the mirror slowly,

The sound of dripping was from the other side.

That side of the mirror reflected the black bleak world.

That side of the mirror aha blood streaming down slowly around the edges.

I saw myself in the mirror and smiled.

But my reflection's smile was abruptly cut off and she spewed mountains of blood and collapsed to her knees.

She tried to stand but the blood formed chains around her and bound her to the black void.