Chapter Nine | ArthurXTrouble

It was nearing nightfall again.

Yesterday hadn't ended in the best way.

I'd nearly forgotten what it felt like being left out when it came to them, but they still weren't telling me things and it was a bit of a sore spot to me.

One thing that always made me distance myself from friends in the past was feeling left out. Not knowing what they were talking about to each other right in front of me and not letting me in on it.

I'd have to insist they tell me but just thinking about it I can see their horrified faces, like they're too scared to tell me. It can't honestly be that bad. They aren't terrorists, right? Oh god, am I rooming with terrorists?

I snapped out of my thoughts after realized I'd been holding down the R key on my laptop. I was trying to type to distract myself. Distracting myself with food only got me fat in the past and each time I tried losing it became harder to get motivated to do so. So that's not a road I'd like to go back down.

I'd like to sleep this off but I have the feeling I should be awake, but I also feel like staying awake will make me sad and annoyed that I can't hear what they're saying. Especially if they all laugh, I hate not knowing what people are laughing about. It drove my family crazy, hearing me shout 'what's so funny' whenever they laughed at anything. Usually, it was from something on tv.

The sunset was beautiful, pink streaks across the sky just outside my window. I'd opened the blinds an hour ago to see if I could watch their coworkers arrive.

Gilbert knocked on my door before entering, he was holding something behind his back.

"Whatcha got there Gil?" I asked.

He presented to me a single tulip.

"Thought I'd get you a sorry for the inconvenience gift." He said sheepishly.

I took the tulip from him and put it in the vase already in my room.

"I'm the one being inconvenient by staying here."

"Don't say that Frau. We love having you here and we'd like you to stay as long as you can, it's just..."

"Work."

"Vight...I wish I could tell you." He said sadly.

I frowned and rubbed his back.

"I promise I'll tell you one day. We all will. Then we can all be like family, no secrets between us." He said smiling towards the end.

I nodded and he tilted my chin up to meet his eyes. He planted a chaste kiss on my forehead and left the room.

My cheeks flushed dark red.

"Chica, you look like a tomato, what is the matter?" Antonio asked, ruffling my hair as he passed by my room.

"Tomato?"

"Si, just like a cousin I have, it's very adorable." He grinned and I laughed it off.

"Nothing's the matter, just a little nervous."

"About tonight? No worries. You're safe here, we promise."

"Should I just sleep through it, I don't feel like I can, it's making me kind of anxious."

"So you need any of your pills?" He asked standing up in case he needed to fetch them.

"No, I'll be fine, besides I only take the anxiety ones with my sleeping ones because they only make me more anxious for the first hour or so."

"That seems counterintuitive." He states and I nod.

"Yeah well lots of pills are like that, pills for depression make you gain weight then you have something else to worry about, etcetera," I explained.