Chapter Forty Eight | GilXSerious

"Did I do somevhing vrong?" Gilbert asked nervously.

"No," I said nervously and composed myself with a deep breath, "I mean...I don't know. I just want to talk to you."

"Ok, are vou certain vou are fine?" He asked nervously, more nervous for himself it seemed.

I nodded.

I got out of bed slowly. Inhaling his scent from the shirt I had on he'd given me.

He saw me looking more intensely at the shirt and smiled "ju vike it?" He asked, one eyebrow raised in a cocky expression.

I nodded and he laughed ruffled my hair "keep it vhen, it vooks wunderbar on vou."

I blushed and slipped on a pair of flip flops.

"Are ve going somewhere?" He asked, confused.

I nodded.

"Let's go for a walk."

He looked puzzled and concerned and Francis and Antonio were more than a little surprised to see me emerge from my room for the first time since the incident.

"Ma chérie, what's going on?" Francis asked, quickly rising to his feet, Antonio doing the same.

"I'm going on a walk," I say plainly and they give puzzled looks to Gilbert following behind me nonchalantly.

"Don't go alone-" Antonio started but I cut him off.

"I'm not, Gil's coming too."

"Why?"

"I have my reasons."

"Ma chérie what are you up to?" Francis questions warily.

"Just a bit of fun."

"And we aren't invited?" Antonio asked, pretending to pout.

"No, come along Gil," I answer and usher Gilbert out the door with me.

"You aren't going to change?" He asked as the front door shut behind us.

I had on no makeup, my hair wasn't brushed, I hadn't taken a shower today, I had on old shorts, an oversized shirt belonging to Gil and flip flops that completely clashed against the rest of the outfit.

"Nope," I saw surely.

"Okay Frau, you're going to have to start talking."

I turned to him seriously, the sound of gravel beneath my shoes the only sound made before I related my plan as I thought of it.

"I just want to hang out the two of us. Francis and Antonio always interrupt us as soon as things get interesting."

He gave me a quizzical look before it turned mischievous.

"Vhis should be fun," he sneered and I nodded and turned back around.

It took twenty minutes to get from the neighborhood to town and I finger-combed my hair anxiously upon seeing how awful I looked.

I avoided people's stares and Gilbert threw an arm around my shoulder.

I immediately tensed up at the site of a cop and Gilbert steered me away towards an ice cream parlor.

"Up for some food?" He asked me and I nodded.

Gilbert was very careful with his ice cream swirls, trying to get as much as he could to fit into the cup before loading on toppings of chocolate sauce, chocolate chips, chocolate cookies, cookie dough, brownie bites, chocolate sprinkles, you name it.