Chapter Fifty Eight | QuestionsxVampires

A little while passed while I ate breakfast before I desired to return to bed and remembered it'd been broken.

"Hey guys," I began.

They gave me hums of acknowledgment.

"Clean my room and fix my bed before you both wind up dead," I threatened with an ominous air surrounding me.

Antonio flinched and smiled sheepishly, "s-sure, por supuesto, cariño."

"Good, Vamos!" I scolded and he got up from his chair and Francis lazily followed.

"It's mon birthday," he whined.

"It's mon bedroom," I countered him frustratedly, "you're thousands of years old, you should know to think before you act by now and by that I mean maybe act in another room."

I rolled my eyes and ate my cereal as I heard them complaining upstairs. The bathroom and hallway doors opened in shut a few times and I nearly screamed when I heard the loud sound of wood being thrown out a window.

While I waited on the couch downstairs trying not to be sad about Gilbert or anxious about last night, the two finally finished cleaning up my room, minus the fact my bed was broken and in pieces outside.

"I can't believe you broke my bed."

"I can't believe it took zhat long."

"So are we doing anything else today?" I asked curiously. I needed a distraction, anything at all. Well, maybe not anything I don't think my mind could handle another round of last night.

"Hmm...maybe?" Antonio shrugged.

With that, I decided to see how easily I could fuck with their minds. "Hey, what if today isn't even one of the days you could've been born?" I began.

"Don't do zhat to me ma Cherie." Francis twitched. That wasn't hard.

"What if you were born the fourteenth." I continued.

"Arrêtez." He insisted.

"What about when Caesar just made one really long year so that every year after would be normal and you aren't even born in July," I recalled the random fun fact I'd heard when Twelve; why couldn't I remember important things yet I remember fun facts from National Geographic like eleven years ago?

"Chica, don't hurt his brain we decided we'd celebrate this week."

"Question." I pestered on.

"Yes...?"

"Can vampires have a midlife crisis since they're immortal they don't actually know what point of their life is midway?"

"It's too early to question our existence why don't we do something fun instead?" Antonio interrupted my train of thoughts.

"I have more questions, I wrote them down-" I insisted by Antonio held his hands up defensively.

"Por favor no."

"Can I ask normal questions?" Might as well get out any vampire-related information. I had been making a list since the day I found out.

"What do you consider a normal question?" Francis asked nervously.

"Like, anatomy and stuff."

"Esta bein." Antonio approved noticeably relaxed so I pulled up notebook on my phone.

Antonio glimpsed the page. Well...Pages.

"Chica, how long did it take you to make this list?"

"The past eleven days."