Chapter 14 - Operation: Scrap Metal

Pic is Leon with RED EYES

~*~*~*~Lauren~*~*~*~

Lauren and Roy were lying in his bed after a whole evening of watching bad romantic comedies and she'd managed to find herself resting her head on his shoulder and her arm resting on his chest. There was a half empty bowl of popcorn that they'd quit eating a while ago and now it was probably too cold to even make an attempt at. They'd been sharing a big bottle of Dr. Pepper all night and from the looks of it, it seemed like there was just enough for one more drink. The two of them had decided that a night in was a good choice for a date after all they'd been through the past week and they both just wanted to relax. Plus a whole night alone with Roy, without any interruptions from Leon or Becca wasn't so bad.

She was especially enjoying being this close to him, though she did have to admit he wasn't quite as warm as Leon was but that was probably just because Leon's body was more active than Roy's. Besides Roy had plenty of other redeeming qualities that Leon just didn't have. The one she could think of right off the bat was just how sweet he was and not always making such rude or perverted jokes, he was fine with talking now that she knew his little secret about being half human. He was still nervous sometimes but that was all part of his charm. Plus he apparently loved to cuddle and Leon just didn't seem the type to like cuddling so much.

Neither of them had removed any of their clothes except for their socks, they'd agreed to take things as slow as either of them needed so there would be no tumbling in the sheets. Which was great, it gave her more time to get to know him without throwing something so complicating as sex into the mix and she was already finding out so many things that she didn't know before. For instance, unlike her Roy actually quite enjoyed romantic comedies. He had a whole section of his movie collection for them and it took up almost an entire shelf which made her laugh. She also found out he had a golden retriever named Rusty who she just fell in love with but she think that he was a little jealous because he kept trying to get between the two of them.

Roy also apparently drew more than he'd let on when they first met, his room was littered with drawings of just really random things yet they were all so good that they fit him perfectly. Her favorite one was of a barren old tree in the middle of a field with no other tree insight, and the sun was either just rising or setting depending on how you wanted to look at it. She wasn't sure if she was reading too much into it or not but it reminded her an awful lot of him, knowing that he was a half-demon must make him feel so out of place on both sides. And having an old lonely tree in the middle of a wide open field just seemed to describe him perfectly, but maybe that was just her brain being in rom-com mode.

The credits began rolling after the couple finally worked out their differences and they moved in together which kind of made Lauren a little sad because now they'd have to get out of this position to put in another movie. But Roy must've read her mind because he just turned up the volume while the credits rolled so that they could listen to the soundtrack of some semi-romantic songs. Lauren just smiled to herself and snuggled into Roy's shoulder before she felt his hand slowly running through her hair and didn't make any unwanted advances like trying to induce a make-out session, though the thought of that wasn't an overly bad one.

Both of them lifted their head a little bit when the door slowly creaked open and Rusty came trotting in and hopped up on the bed. They both let out a surprised cry when he attacked Lauren with kisses getting her away from Roy just enough for him to plop down right between them. They both looked at each other over Rusty's head and smiled. "I think someone's getting a little jealous." Lauren giggled before Roy wrestled with Rusty until the dog finally relented to get down. He was leaning back down when she spoke up. "I'm actually pretty hungry and cold popcorn just isn't going to do it for me."