Chapter 12 - Raven

~*~*~*~Back on the Chain~*~*~*~

Kayos was looking out the window of his one man jet when he saw them gathered together on the runway of the Chain's military airport. Ramon was busy while he was away he grumbled to himself under his breath as the jet touched down on the cement. All four of the other Demon members were watching him with cool calculating eyes as the armed guards stood behind them in case they were needed but none of them made any move toward the jet without the Head's consent. Kayos looked down at his the controls of the jet he was in as if they alone held the answer to his problems. In a way they did he thought, he could start it back up while the thrusters were still warm and he could attempt to fly away from this place that he despised so much. But he knew he wouldn't get very far.

Every single one of the Demon members--with the exception of Ramon--could end him without even batting an eye if they wanted to before he even got off the ground. He sighed and looked out at the four of them each waiting for him to get out of the jet but he wanted to prolong the confrontation just a little bit longer. The Demon members didn't take kindly at all to insubordination which was exactly what he had just done. He disobeyed a direct order to stay from Ramon who was a level above him in the Demon rankings but he felt that he had no choice. Not that it mattered what he reasons were he knew that, he broke one of their five rules and he'd have to face the consequences no matter what they were.

With one more sigh he flipped the switch that opened up his plane and raised his hands to show that he had no intention of resisting. One of the soldiers, one of his own men commanded him to give up his sword. Kayos slowly raised the curved sword up and held it out over the edge of the cockpit before he dropped it. The sword gave off a faint purple glow when he dropped it and purple sparks shot out when it struck the ground before one of the guards slowly approached it with a pair of metal tongs. Kayos watched the young soldier, a rookie who had yet to make any friends and was selected to risk picking up the sword. He lowered the tongs nearer the sword's handle and shot back when a spark shot out arching to the tongs all the way toward his hands before he dropped it just before the arc reached him.

"Oh for god sake." Said the youngest of the demon members, stepping forward and bending over to pick up the blade. His hands closed around the grip and there was a loud popping sound like an oversized light bulb going out and the Demon member shot backward holding his now steaming hand. "God Dammit! I bet you think that was funny don't you?!"

"Not at all Mr. Loring." Kayos said still holding his hands up as he watched the young demon make another attempt to pick up the sword with the same result. "You'll never be able to pick him up if he doesn't respect you."

"I'm stronger than you are and 'he' doesn't respect me?" Remus shouted pointing down at the sword and began pacing back and forth his eyes burning with the impatience and arrogance of youth. "You always say that Rize respects strength above all else yet he subjugates himself to a weakling like you. How does that make any sense!?"

"Because you like the will that he does." All the Demon members turned to look at the white haired man who'd just spoken as he slowly made his way forward. His white hair was flowing in the wind as he knelt down and picked the blade up without so much as a crackle. He looked at the blade with those black eyes of his before tossing it in the air and in one fluid motion he caught it by the handle, drew the blade from its sheath, and held it just beneath Remus's throat. "Rize respects those of us who have strength of will; he cares little for how powerful someone is."

Remus gulped before the white haired demon lowered the blade and placed it back in its sheath. "Come on out Kayos, I imagine you have a lot to say."

"Yes sir."

Kayos was in the process of climbing out of the plane when the white haired man ordered all the soldiers return to their posts. "But Typhon I-" Ramon began to protest but one glare from Typhon was all it took to silence him as Kayos' feet hit the ground.