Chemical Kids and Mechanical Brides [Shuichi Saihara x F!Reader]

"Like a rush shot through you."

The detective's heart pounded violently against his chest as he looked around at the room before down at his drink. The music around him was so loud that he was almost positive his ears were going to start bleeding. The screaming and laughter of his classmates added to the noise, only making his headache worse.

Shuichi hadn't wanted to come to this dumb party. No, he would rather be at home, curled up under his covers, reading a good book. Yet, he came to this party that his classmates had begged him to come to.

At first, he wasnt going to come to the party. He wasn't much for parties anyways. They were too loud, too crowded, too chaotic- but it seemed everyone was going to be there. Even Kaede, who hadn't been the most excited about it, came, and she seemed to be having a blast. Shuichi, however, was not.

"Everyone is watching you."

"Aren't you coming, Saihara?" Kaito Momota, the Ultimate Astronaut, questioned. He approached the wallflower, a large grin on his face. "Come on, everyone wants you to play!"

"Play what?"

"Spin the bottle," Kaito responded casually, taking a sip of his drink. Shuichi paled at the mention of the game. "Oh, come on, detective. It's just a game...after all, (Y/N) will be there."

Shuichi's face burned red at the mention of the girl. He buried his face in his hands, letting out a pitiful noise. Kaito rolled his eyes, staring at the detective.

"It's just a game, man," Kaito told him. "Besides, we're all friends here. No one's going to judge you."

"F-Fine!" Shuichi spat out. "Let's just do this before I change my mind."

"Alright!" Kaito fistpumped the air, a stupid grin on his face. "C'mon, Saihara! Let's get over there before they start!"

The dark blue-haired male was already second-guessing himself when Kaito latched onto his wrist, dragging him over towards the group. He was regretting ever saying yes. However, his eyes landed on a certain (H/C) female. She sent him a small smile and a wink causing his heart to skip a beat. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

"Told you why I see no need for the sun. I've found a reason to say-"

Oh, God, how his heart leapt out of his chest everytime he saw the female. She was stunning, but she had a great personality. Her name? (Y/N) (L/N), the Ultimate (T/N).

She was positively perfect in his eyes. She wasn't stuck up by any means, nor was she rude or ungrateful. She was just this big ball of happiness. Her smile practically brightened up an entire room, and God, her laugh- Honestly, shd should've just been accepted to Hope's Peak as the Ultimate Ray of Sunshine because that was simply how perfect she was.

But he couldn't talk to her. Oh, that was a definite no. She was on a whole different level. Besides, he'd get too flustered talking to her, and his brain would practically turn off.

"(Y/N)! Atua is saying that you should go first!" Angie sang, clasping her hands together. "Who's going to be the lucky person that Atua has blessed tonight?"

"It better not be some degenerate male!" Tenko cried out. "So help me, (Y/N) doesn't deserve-"

"Relax, Tenko." The (H/C) placed a hand on the girl's shoulder. "I'll be fine with whoever I end up with!"

"A love you light is a love soon gone."

Shuichi pulled his hat down lower, biting his bottom lip. He knew for a fact that whoever (Y/N) kissed was going to end up with her. She had a knack for that. Once she was infatuated with a boy, she'd have to date them. However, the love never lasted...so could you really call it love?