Temporary Insanity [Hajime Hinata x F!Reader]

"Are you feeling alright, (Y/N)?"

The female blinked, turning to look at her boyfriend. She shook her head in order to clear her thoughts before blinking once more. She rubbed her face before letting out a tired sigh.

"Yeah, I'm just..." (Y/N) (L/N), the Ultimate Artist, trailed off before sighing again. "I think I'm just seeing things, that's all."

A frown crossed Hajime Hinata's face. He reached across the table, giving his girlfriend's hand a reassuring squeeze. She gave him a weak smile before continuing to eat her breakfast.

Suddenly, the scene before (Y/N) shifted. Her world turned red. She looked down at the knife in her hand, her grip tightening on it. Voices screamed at her in her head, and she looked up to see Hajime looking concerned.

A sick smile spread across her lips. She clutched her knife so hard her knuckles began to turn white. Unexpectedly, she lunged at Hajime, aiming the knife straight towards his throat.

Her boyfriend let out a bloodcurdling scream, falling off his seat. This alerted the attention of the others who turned to watch the scene unfold.

Hajime grabbed her wrists, keeping her from stabbing him. (Y/N) was on top of him, staring at him with a malicious look in her eyes. She snarled, continuing her attempt to stab him.

The others screamed, rushing to the couple. Nekomaru attempted to pry (Y/N) off of the boy while Fuyuhiko pulled Hajime away from the girl. (Y/N) was relentless in her attempt to attack Hajime, and she thrashed around in Nekomaru's hold.

(Y/N) got one of her hands free, and she wrapped her hand around Hajime's wrist, digging her nails into his skin. Suddenly, she stopped her fight. Her body began convulsing, and her eyes rolled into the back of her head. Foam began to escape her mouth as she began twitching.

"Oh my-" Sonia brought her hands to her mouth, her eyes widening. "Is she okay?!"

Hajime stood up, staring at his girlfriend with wide eyes. That was not like her at all. She would never harm him. What had gotten into her?

Monokuma entered the room laughing. He stared at the girl, shaking his head. "Upupu! It seems (Y/N) here has a case of Despair Disease! She's got the Insanity Disease, causing her to go temporarily insane!"

"Well, what do we do to stop it?!" Hajime demanded, eyes fixed on his convulsing girlfriend.

"Someone's gotta kill!" Monokuma shrugged. "Either that, or she'll be stuck in this state forever. Keep in mind that it is contagious...Nagito's already got the Liar's Disease."

The group turned to look at the white-haired boy who merely shrugged. "I haven't been trying to tell you something was wrong all morning."

Soon, the boy was left in the same state as (Y/N). The two fell unconscious, foam coming out of their mouths.

"Oh, did I mention they randomly black out as well?" Monokuma laughed before disappearing. "Oops!" 

"I-If we take them t-to the hospital, I-I can watch take c-care of them," Mikan stuttered, looking down at her shoes.

With a heavy sigh, Hajime lifted his girlfriend onto his back. This killing game had already taken four victims - there didn't need to be any more.

* * *

"You're a lot more quiet like this, you know that?" Hajime sighed, glancing over at his girlfriend.

The Despair-Diseased girl glared at him from her spot in bed. Hajime merely rolled his eyes, resting his chin in the palm of his hand.