Cheater!Makoto Naegi//Hoodie

Hoodie
Cheater!Makoto Naegi x Heartbroken!Reader

"You'd probably think I was psychotic, if you knew what I still got in my closet. Sad but true."

You stared at the olive green coat hanging in your closet. It had belonged to your ex, Makoto Naegi. You found him cheating on you with Kyoko Kirigiri.

"I slip it on over my shoulders. It's something I'll never get over."

Your fingers reached out, grabbing the heavy material. You put it on, zipping it up.

Tears burned the corners of your eyes. It still smelled like him. You hugged yourself, shaking.

"It makes me feel a little bit closer to you."

You sighed, sitting down on your bed. Your arms hugged yourself tighter as you cried. It was like he was hugging you.

"I can't keep your love, I can't keep your kiss. Gave you everything and all I got was this."

You let out a sob, laying down. You were so pathetic and dumb.

"I gave him everything!" You shouted, tears blurring your vision. "And what did I get?!"

"I'm still rocking your hoodie-"

"I can't believe I'm doing this," You whispered, leaving the room. You grabbed one of the strings, chewing on it nervously.

"-and chewing on the strings. It makes me think about you so I wear it when I sleep."

"I'm going out!" You yelled to your parents as you left the house, your voice cracking.

You jumped in your car and started it. You hit your head against the headrest, sighing. Slowly, you pulled out of your driveway and headed down the street.

"I kept the broken zipper and cigarette burns. Still rocking your hoodie baby even though it hurts."

Glancing down at the hoodie on your body, you sniffed. It hurt to wear it. Just another painful reminder that you weren't good enough.

"I'm still rocking your hoodie!"

You sighed, leaning back. A fat tear rolled down your cheek and onto the olive green hoodie.

"I used to put my hands in your pockets. Holding on. The smell of your cologne is still on it. But you're still gone."

Makoto Naegi's scent filled the car due to the hoodie. It was driving you insane.

"Why do you still seem like you're here?" You croaked out. You shook your head. "You're gone."

"I slip it on over my shoulders. You're something I'll never get over. It makes me feel a little bit closer to you."

Biting your lip, you turned right and continued driving. Your body was trembling but you couldn't help it.

"I can't keep your love," You whispered. One reminder because of the hoodie.

"I can't keep your kiss." Another painful reminder.

"Gave you everything and all I got was this." Third reminder.

You smiled through your tears, laughing. "I'm still rocking your hoodie! And chewing on the strings!"

Why waste tears on such an asshole? You were strong. You didn't need him!

"It makes me think about you so I wear it when I sleep."

You threw your head back and laughed. Why did you still have the old thing? It was worthless now.

"I kept the broken zipper and cigarette burns. Still rocking your hoodie baby even though it hurts. Still rocking your hoodie. And chewing on the strings. It makes me think about you so I wear it when I sleep. I kept the broken zipper and cigarette burns. Still rocking your hoodie baby even though it hurts. Still rocking your-"

A glint of determination settled into your eyes. It was time to just let go.

Let go of the hoodie.

Let go of him.

Let go of Makoto Naegi.

"If you want it back, if you want it back, I'm here waiting. Come and take it back. Come and take it back."

It was kind of ridiculous that you kept it for that long. What had it been, a month now? You didn't need it.

"If you want it back, if you want it back, I'm here waiting. Come and take it back. Come and take it back."

You pulled into a driveway, one you knew all too well. A wave of nostalgia hit you hard but you smiled through it.

With a laugh, you took off the hoodie and folded it nearly.

"I'm still rocking your hoodie and  chewing on the strings. It makes me think about you so I wear it when I sleep."

You set in down on the steps in front of the front door. You (E/C) eyes scanned every last detail of it.

"I kept the broken zipper and cigarette burns. Still rocking your hoodie baby even though it hurts."

You ring the door bell and headed back to your car. The deed was down. You pulled out, leaving the hoodie behind.

"I'm still rocking your hoodie and chewing on the strings. It makes me think about you so I wear it when I sleep."

"Huh?" Makoto Naegi opened his front door and looked around. A car sped down the road and he frowned. It was (Y/N)'s.

MHe looked down at the hoodie on the ground and picked it up. "She kept this?"

"I kept the broken zipper and cigarette burns. Still rocking your hoodie baby even though it hurts."

Tears came to Makoto's eyes as he stared at his old hoodie. "Oh (Y/N)."

"Still rocking your hoodie and chewing on the strings. It makes me think about you so I wear it when I sleep. I kept the broken zipper and cigarette burns. I'm still rocking your hoodie baby even though it hurts."

"I messed up, (Y/N)," he whispered.

"Still rocking your hoodie."

I am so in love with this song. Also, I have some non-Danganronpa stories sitting in my drafts right now, so be on the lookout for those. And, requests are open! Please do it on the first page! Thank you!