Water [Kazuichi Souda x F!Reader]

"I don't go in the water."

The pink-haired male cocked his head, ever so curious. He stared at the (H/C) girl in front of him. "Why not? It's just water."

She shook her head, eyes still fixed on the ocean. "I don't go in the water," she repeated.

Currently, the students that were forced into the killing game were spending a day at the beach. It was supposed to be a fun and relaxing day for all of them, but (Y/N) (L/N) didn't want any part of it. She sat fully-clothed in the sand near the water, not daring to even dip her feet into it.

Her (E/C) eyes watched as the waves slapped against the shore. The consistent pounding of the waves caused her to flinch. She shut her eyes, bringing her knees into her chest.

Kazuichi Souda sat next to her in a swimsuit, his feet in the water. He looked over at her and frowned.

"(Y/N), we're trapped on an island that's surrounded by water. You've got to get over your fear sometime."

"I never said I was afraid!" She snapped, her voice quivering. Her eyes looked down at the sand. She took in a shaky breath, standing up.

She looked at Kazuichi, her expression unreadable. "I...I don't go in the water."

* * *

His rough hands settled on her shoulders sending shivers throughout her body. He grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at him. Her heart broke when she couldn't recognize the eyes of the man she loved - only the eyes of someone in despair.

He scanned her features, pulling away from her face puzzled. Her face was blank, emotionless. There were no signs of fear.

"Why aren't you afraid?" He asked, his despair-filled eyes narrowing. "You should be afraid!"

She closed her eyes and sighed. "This isn't you. You know this isn't you. I know you're in there somewhere."

He shook his head, placing his hands on her hips. He looked her up and down almost as if he was examining machine.

The despair inside of him, it wanted him to break her. It wanted him to know what made her tick - what her fears were, why she wasn't afraid.

"I could hurt you, ya know," he stated, drawing a finger along her jawline. She remained still, her eyes staring into his.

"I could break you," he continued almost monotonely. His hands never ceased their journey around her face. "I could take you apart and construct an entirely new person. Or..." He trailed off, spinning a wrench between his fingers.

A grin broke out onto his face revealing his sharp teeth. "I could strip you of everything you are, leaving you nothing but a shell of your former self."

Tears formed in her eyes, but they weren't from fear. She swallowed, looking him dead in the eye.

"I know you're still in there," she insisted. "I know you still love me."

The male in front of her rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I know a lot of things too, kid."

He came closer, breathing down her neck. His warm breath made her shiver, and he smiled a toothy grin.