The Red String [Kiyotaka Ishimaru x F!Reader]

Her red eyes examined the red string attached to her pinky, watching it float around in curiosity. She's had it for as long as she can remember; it's always been there, attached to her finger, floating eerily like a ghost. She gave it a small tug, but the string wouldn't move off her finger.

(Y/N) (L/N) was an anomaly. She could see something that no one else could see: red strings.

Everyone had one tied to their pinky finger. It bound them to their soulmate. One day, the red string would appear lead them to their partner. However, until you made physical contact with your partner, your string wouldn't appear.

But (Y/N) was different. She could see everyone's red strings. They floated through the air and intertwined, connecting them with their soulmate.

When they touched their soulmate, the red string became more prominent, a red glow emitting from it. But when they weren't touching, the strings twisted together making it hard to tell who's string was who.

She had discovered some of her friend's soulmates, but she would never share her secret with them. Then she'd be bombarded with questions if people wondering who their soulmates were. And she couldn't have that, dealing with people on a daily basis was enough already.

Maybe that's why she liked to cause trouble. She could create chaos from the sidelines without ever having to talk to anyone. Like now, for instance.

(Y/N) sat on the stairs of Hope's Peak Academy watching as the students passed by. She had a free period as of now, so how better than to spend it creating pandemonium?

The freshman class moved around together in one big blob, seemingly moving as a herd. (Y/N) smirked seeing an opportunity to start some trouble.

The 78th class began heading up the stairs, their stringes merged together in one giant tangled mess. Acting innocent, (Y/N) read her book, grabbing one of the freshman's strings as they walked by. The red string became solid in her hand and she smirked, giving it a small tug.

Almost instantly, a girl with blue hair came tumbling down the stairs. She shrieked, landing on her bottom.

"Sayaka, you should be more careful," a boy with orange hair said, helping her up.

As soon as their hands connecting, a golden light formed around their string. They smiled, looking into each other's eyes.

"Damn it," (Y/N) cursed under her breath. She wanted to break something, not bring two soulmates closer together.

The class continued up the stairs, leaving (Y/N) in the hall alone. She let out a sigh, resting her chin in the palm of her hand.

"I saw what you did, mortal."

She looked up, her eyes meeting Gundham Tanaka's. She acted innocent, looking around. "Who? Me?"

Gundham rolled his eyes, sitting down next to her. "I already know you can see the strings, mortal. So can I."

He pointed to his red eye, then to hers. She's always had red eyes for as long as she can remember. Gundham and her had concluded a long time ago that those with red eyes (or, one red eye, in his case) could see the strings. It was odd, but then again, the whole red string thing was odd itself.

"You really need to stop interfering with these mortal's lives," he said. "Someone's going to end up getting hurt."

"That's what I'm trying to do, duh." She flipped her (H/C) hair over her shoulder, looking over at him. "Come on, Tanaka, keep up. We went over this just last week. You're just upset because your little soulmate doesn't want you messing with the strings anymore."