Celestia Ludenburg//Royals

Heyyyyy, it's AK! And I'm back at it again with another oneshot! For the most part, it's gender-neutral!

Royals
Celestia Ludenburg x Reader

"Takeo-"

"Celestia," Your girlfriend reminded you once again. She sternly looked at you with her red eyes.

"Right, Celestia..." You trailed off. "Anyways! I've been meaning to ask you about your new ring!"

She held out her hand for you to examine. You took it, staring in awe at the diamond ring.

"I've never seen a diamond in the flesh. I cut my teeth on wedding rings in movies."

"Where did you get it!? It must have cost you thousands!"

Celestia merely shrugged before breaking into a grin. "It didn't cost anything, my dear. I won it in a poker match. Robbed the poor guy of his wedding ring. Ah, and he seemed so confident he would win too."

You smiled. "You're so cool Celest!"

She smiled back and slipped the ring into her pocket. "Wouldn't want anyone from this lousy neighborhood stealing it, would I?"

"And I'm not proud of my address, in a torn-up town, no post code envy."

Your smile wavered slightly. Sure, your neighborhood wasn't the salfest, but it was home.

"Come on, Celest! Let's get to school!" You grabbed her hand and dragged her away from your house.

* * *

"But every song's like gold teeth, grey goose, trippin' in the bathroom. Blood stains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room."

"Wow," You breathed out as your (E/C) eyes sparkled.

You looked around Hope's Peak Academy in admiration. Everyone was so different here, from the way they wore their uniforms to the way they acted.

Feeling slightly overwhelmed, your heart-rate picked. Celestia squeezed your hand for assurance and you looked over at her with a small smile.

Together, you walked into the school and to your class.

"We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams."

* * *

"But everybody's like Cristal, Maybach, diamonds on your timepiece. Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash."

You sighed as Celestia engaged in a conversation with Togami about 'the finer things in life'.

It kind of hurt when Celestia talked about those things. You hadn't grown up in the best side of town and not everything was handed to you.

Celestia caught sight of your depressed look and frowned.

"We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair."

Swiftly, Celestia ended the conversation. Grabbing your hand, she led you away from the heir.

* * *

"I'm never going to have lots of money like you, Celest!" You cried. "Why do you even hang out with me?!"

"And we'll never be royals (royals). It don't run in our blood."

Tears streamed down your face. "I'm not rich, my family's not rich. We'll never be rich."

"That kind of luxe just ain't for us. We crave a different kind of buzz."