Demon!Gundham Tanaka//Unholy

Angel/Demon AU

Unholy
Demon!Gundham Tanaka x F!Angel!Reader

"(Y/N), stop humming. It's getting annoying."

"But I'm so bored!"

Kazuichi Souda and his best friend, (Y/N) (L/N) sat across from each other in the library, eating their lunch. But it seemed that (Y/N)'s loud personality was going to get them in trouble.

"Why don't you read?" Kazuichi suggested. "We're in a library, after all."

(Y/N) groaned, tilting back in her chair. "But that's boring toooooooo!"

"Maybe you should go hang out with Izuru. You do have the same view on things right now."

She narrowed her eyes at the mechanic. "Not funny, Souda."

Suddenly, (Y/N)'s phone buzzed and she pulled it out of her pocket. A text lit up her screen.

GUNDHAM: Are you free right now?
(Y/N): Yep. I'll be at your place in five. ❤️

"Alright, time to get this show on the road," (Y/N) announced as she stood up.

"Where are you going?" Kazuichi inquired, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, don't tell me you're hanging out with Gundham again."

"...I'm not hanging out with Gundham again...?"

"(Y/N)!" Kazuichi shouted, puffing out his cheeks. The librarian glared at him and he ducked his head sheepishly.

"Come on, Kaz," (Y/N) responded, rolling her eyes. "It's only for a few hours."

He grabbed her by the shoulders and lowered his voice. "(Y/N), he's a demon. You're an angel. You can't date him!"

"Yes I can!" The angel insisted. "As long as the council doesn't find out, it'll be fine. Now if you'll excuse me, I have someone I need to see."

She walked away with a frown on her face, ignoring Kazuichi's disapproval.

"What have you gotten yourself into, (Y/N)?" Kazuichi whispered.

"Is something wrong, my dark queen?" Gundham questioned as (Y/N) flew down to meet him.

"I'm fine, I guess," she responded as she hugged him. "Just tired."

The two sat down on a bench in a local park. Earth was the only safe place for them. It was a divider between the two realms.

Angels lived high above the clouds, safe in their kingdom of tranquility. They watched over Earth, trying to help mankind.

Demons, however, lived beneath Earth's crust. They lived in a fiery underworld. They tried to sin all of mankind.

"(Y/N), tell me what is troubling you," Gundham begged, taking (Y/N)'s hands in his. "I hate to see you like this."

She let out a weary sigh, resting her head on his shoulder. "You know the rule about love between angels and demons. It's forbidden."

He wrapped his arms around her, kissing the top of her head. "We've lasted this long, haven't we? We just have to keep it up."

(Y/N) sniffed. "I don't want to lose you."

"I promise, wherever you go, I go."

Gundham had a bad foreboding feeling in his chest after he left (Y/N). He knew something was going to go wrong. In worry, he flew back up to Earth, in search of her.

His feet made contact with the grass as his demon wings let out a might flap before curling into his body. He walked throughout the forest, searching for any sign off her.

Finally, his eyes caught sight of his beloved. She was hurtling through the sky at an alarming rate.

"(Y/N)?!" Gundham yelled. His bat-like demon wings unfurled and he took off after her.

He shot off into the sky, pulling her body toward his chest. He quickly landed, hugging her tightly.

(Y/N) groaned, making him get go of her. The blood on her back was revealed and his skin was a ghostly pale color.

"W-Where are your wings?!" Gundham asked, scared. Her large white angel wings were nowhere to be seen.

Tears streamed down (Y/N)'s pale face. "They found out, Gundham...they dewinged me...it hurts."

He gently hugged her, wiping away her tears. "You're safe now. I'm here."

She rested her head against his chest, listening to the steady thump of his heart.

I'm still here.

I'm...here.

I'm...