Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu//Here Comes A Thought

Here Comes A Thought
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu x F!Reader

"Peko! How could you?!" (Y/N) cried out as tears streamed down her face. Her body shook uncontrollably as she sobbed.

"(Y/N)! I didn't mean to! I-I!" The swordswoman lost her cool as her Crimson eyes widened in fear.

"Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust. Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust."

(Y/N)'s hands curled into fists as she cried. "Why, Peko?! Why'd you kill Mahiru?!"

"You know I had no control over this!" Peko lashed out at the girl. "Trust me,
(Y/N)! I-"

"Trust you?!" The crying girl's eyes widened. "You just killed someone! How can I trust you?!"

"Here comes a thought that might alarm you. What someone said and how it harmed you."

"But I-"

"No, Peko," (Y/N) interrupted. She pressed her lips together firmly in an attempt to stop sobbing. "Peko...I-I...I can't trust you. I'm sorry."

"Something you did, that failed to be charming. Things that you said are suddenly swarming."

She looked down at her feet, sniffling. Looking up, she met Peko's gaze. "Does Fuyu know?"

"Young Master was there."

(Y/N) shut her eyes, tears swarming around. Her (E/C) eyes opened, vision blurred with tears.

"And, oh, you're losing sight. You're losing touch. And all these little things seem to matter so much."

The female wrapped her arms around the swordswoman and sobbed. "Peko, don't leave!"

"You know what's going to happen, (Y/N). I can't change that. It's going to make sense one day. But for know, protect the Young Master for me."

"That they confuse you. That I might lose you."

* * *

(Y/N) put a shaking hand to her mouth as Hajime Hinata accused Peko for murdering Mahiru. She shook her head back and forth, tears burning her eyes.

Fuyuhiko seemed so lost and distraught during the trial. He screamed, trying to deny Hajime's accusation, but the evidence pointed in Hajime's favor.

She shut her eyes as Peko's execution started. Her body shook like a leaf as she whimpered.

"Fuyuhiko! Don't!" Someone yelled beside her.

Her eyes snapped open as she watched her boyfriend try to stop Peko's execution. She screamed, trying to run after him, but someone held her back.

Shaking her head repeatedly, she collapsed to the ground sobbing.

"Take a moment, remind yourself to take a moment and find yourself. Take a moment and ask yourself if this is how we fall apart."

Fuyuhiko had gotten hurt, and even worse, Peko Pekoyama was dead.

* * *

(Y/N) had been on edge all day. Her boyfriend had lost an eye, cut his stomach, and was now in the hospital.

She bit her nails as she headed to the hospital, searching for her boyfriend.

"But it's not, but it's not, but it's not, but it's not, but it's not. It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay."

Opening the door to Fuyuhiko's room, she sighed in relief. He was sound asleep in bed.

Quietly, she shut the door and headed over to the male. She grabbed his hand and sat down on the bed.

"You've got nothing, got nothing, got nothing, got nothing to fear," She whispered to him, rubbing circles into the back of his hand. "I'm here, I'm here, I'm here."

"Peko?" Fuyuhiko mumbled in his sleep. "No, no...PEKO?!" He shot up in bed, shaking.

Tears appeared in his amber orbs as he looked over at her. (Y/N)'s heart broke at the sight of him.

She wrapped her arms around him, rocking him back and forth. He cried in her arms, burying his head in her shoulder.

Running a hand through her (H/C) she sighed. Squeezing her eyes shut, she let tears flow freely down her cheeks.

"Here comes a thought that might alarm me. What someone said and how it harmed me."

(Y/N) sniffed, her eyes red and puffy. "I miss her, too, Fuyu."

He sobbed louder, shaking in her hold.

"Something I did that failed to be charming. Things that I said are suddenly swarming."

She regretted so much right there and then.  She regretted lashing out at Peko, being rude, and taking her best friend for granted.

Everything seemed fuzzy now, like it wasn't true. Like it was a dream.

A dream they couldn't seem to wake up from.

"And, oh, I'm losing sight, I'm losing touch. All these little things seem to matter so much."

(Y/N) sniffed, looking down at the boy in her embrace. She ran a hand through his hair. "Let go when you need to, Fuyu."

"But...if I let you go I might lose you too!" He cried, tightening his grip.

"That they confuse me, that I might lose me."

She kissed his forehead, smiling softly. "Don't worry, Fuyuhiko. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere."

They sat there on the bed, completely breaking down in each other's arms. But it was okay, because they were together.

"Take a moment, remind yourself to take a moment and find yourself. Take a moment to ask yourself-"

"Is this how we fall apart?" Fuyuhiko asked, still shaking.

(Y/N) smiled sadly, shaking her head. "But it's not, but it's not, but it's not, but it's not, but it's not."

Fuyuhiko looked up at her, smiling through his tears. "It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay."

The Yakuza sniffed and buried his head in her chest. "I've got nothing, got nothing, got nothing, got nothing to fear."

She ran a hand through his hair, her voice cracking. "I'm here, I'm here, I'm here."

Fuyuhiko sobbed, pressing his face further into her body. (Y/N) broke down, crying along side of him.

"And it was just a thought, just a thought, just a thought, just a thought, just a thought. It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay."

(Y/N) pressed her face into his shoulder, shaking. She couldn't keep herself together anymore.

"We can watch, we can watch, we can watch, we can watch them go by. From here, from here, from here."

Fuyuhiko's breathing slowed down until he was sound asleep in her arms. (Y/N) sniffed, kissing his forehead.

The night time announcement went off and she stood up. She pulled the blankets over him, tucking him in like a child. She left the room, shutting off the light.

"Take a moment to think of just, flexibility, love, and trust."

(Y/N) stared out at the starry night sky, hugging herself. She whispered, "I trust you, Peko."

"Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust."

Around three one-shots will be updated today. The song in this is Here Comes A Thought from Steven Universe.