Chapter 83: The Cold Heart

It was a normal day in Royal Woods, Michigan. At Pablo and Priscilla's house, Aiden and Devin were playing Palace as Hunter, Perry, Yukio, Ethan, and Riley were watching. Aiden placed a 7 down as Devin had his last card in his hand.

"High or low, Alvery?" Devin asked with confidence.

"Low!" Aiden said before Devin placed his card down, which was a ten. "Dang it!"

"Well, I win," Devin said as he examined Aiden's cards. "I have to admit Alvery, you were close on winning as well."

"Yeah," Aiden said. "Good game, though."

"Yeah," Devin said as they shook hands.

"How do you play Palace?" Riley asked looking at Yukio.

"Well," Yukio said. "It's a strategical game and it requires luck."

"Sometimes it might be bad because of whoever shuffles the cards," Perry said before glaring at someone. "Hunter."

"What?" Hunter asked.

"You got your cards all done and won before any of us could get to our final three," Perry said.

"You have to think before quickly selecting a card, Perry," Devin said as Perry looks down.

"Yeah," Perry said sighing. "I gotta think first before placing the card down."

"Exactly," Devin said.

"Well," RJ said. "Can I have the cards now?"

"Yeah, sure," Devin said as he put them in the card pack and threw it to RJ, who catches it.

"Thanks," RJ said putting the pack in his pocket. Before anyone could say anything, the doorbell was heard the front door was being knocked.

"Who could that be?" Ethan asked.

"I don't know," Yukio said as he went to the door and opens it to reveal a girl, who had long brown hair, black shirt, blue skirt, and pink shoes. Hunter, Aiden, Perry, RJ, Ethan, and Devin all had their eyes widen and they immediately all hid behind the couch.

"Hi," The girl said. "Is Devin here?"

Yukio heard a quiet "No" from RJ and he followed his order.

"No, he left and won't back for a couple of hours," Yukio said.

"Oh," The girl said. "Okay."

The girl then left as Yukio closed the door.

"Is she gone?" Aiden asked.

"Yes," Riley answers as the guys left the hiding spot.

"Who was she?" Yukio asked.

"That's Roxie," Ethan said.

"Who's she?" Riley asked. "A friend."

"Not anymore she isn't," Devin said coldly.

"What happened?" Yukio asked.

"I used to date her," Devin said.

"She was your girlfriend?" Riley asked.

"Yeah," Devin said. "But that's what I thought."

"What do you mean?" Yukio asked before realizing what he meant. "Devin, she..."

"Yes," Devin said. "She used me and never had any feelings for me."

Everyone was all quiet until RJ spoke.

"Well, she's here again," RJ said. "Devin, we're here to help you out."