Chapter 81: The Struggle

It was the morning in Royal Woods, Michigan. At Tasha's house, Tasha was in her room, sleeping on her bed, and resting peacefully.

Until the alarm went off.

"*Beep! Beep! Beep!*" The alarm clock went as Tasha raises her hand up tiredly, trying to stop the alarm. She succeeded and rose from her bed.

"Another day," Tasha said getting off the bed and looking at herself. She got changed and walk down the stairs to the kitchen. She saw her mother cooking breakfast for her.

"Good morning, Tasha," Her mother said flipping a pile of pancakes.

"Good morning, Mom," Tasha said as her mother served her the pancakes.

"Breakfast is ready," Her mother said as she placed the pancakes on the table for Tasha. "Eat up."

Tasha grabs the fork and knife and began to eat the pancakes her mother served her.

"Thanks, Mom," Tasha said as she was happily eating the pancakes.

"So," Her mother said when Tasha was finished with her pancakes. "What are your plans today, Tasha?"

"Well," Tasha said. "School is having a talent show and I'm thinking of applying for it."

"Really?" Her mother said. "Well, I think you do just fine."

"Thanks, Mom," Tasha said before thinking about the talent show too much. She can remember the voices, the feeling of losing control of her body, and the cold embrace she had to suffer.

"Tasha?!" Her mother cried. "Snap out of it!"

Tasha got out of the trance and look at her mother.

"You're okay," Her mother said relieved.

"I'm sorry, Mom," Tasha said.

"No, it's alright," Her mother said. "You weren't focused and you look like you're about to pass out."

"I was?" Tasha asked.

"Yeah," Her mother said. "Tasha, remember your anxiety attack years ago?"

"I was just remembering it," Tasha said. "I was in the auditorium and it happened."

Tasha's mother placed her hands on her shoulders.

"Tasha," Her mother said. "You have to be careful and try not to have another anxiety attack."

"I know, Mom," Tasha said. "I know."

Tasha never told anyone of her anxiety attack, including Ella.

"Your father and I hired doctors to help you cure this, but the doctors informed us that your anxiety is serious and their methods won't work," Her mother said. "Tasha, the only thing the doctor says that you can do to get rid of your anxiety, is to conquer it yourself."

"Conquer it myself?" Tasha asked.

"It's best if you do it without any help," Her mother said.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I'll do it myself," Tasha said after thinking about it thoroughly.

"Great, Tasha," Her mother said. "Now, go out there and have an amazing day!"

Tasha left the kitchen, went outside of her home, closed the front door, and headed to school.

"Today is a new day," Tasha said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------