Chapter 28: The Talk, the Crisis, and an Offer

Yukio entered a coffee shop and went over to the counter.

"Welcome to the Royal Woods Café, may I take your order?" The man behind the counter asked.

"Yes, I would like a dozen chocolate chip muffins and a cup of coffee please." Yukio said.

"Coming right up." The man said, grabbing a pot full of coffee and started to pour it into a cup. A woman then had a plate with the muffins and handed it to Yukio. Then the man finished pouring the coffee and hand it over to Yukio.

"Thanks." Yukio said giving the money.

"Your welcome." The man said, as Yukio took his purchases and started to walk over to a diner table that was empty. Yukio sat on the chair, placed his food and drink on the table, took off his sling backpack, and placed it on the chair near him.

"Well, better eat something and keep myself up." Yukio said as he took a sip of coffee and then took a bite of his first muffin. Then he heard the bells rang at the door and saw Haiku and Lucy, entering the place.

'It's just them two.' Yukio thought to himself as he saw them talking to the man. He saw the man pointing his finger towards him and the two girls were walking towards him.

"Hello Yukio." Haiku began.

"Hello Haiku, Lucy." Yukio said.

"I see your eating." Lucy said, then she had her eyes on the chocolate chip muffins.

"Feel free to take one." Yukio said as Lucy grab a muffin and took a bite of the chocolate chip muffin. It was her favorite, because it contains chocolate.

"Thanks." Lucy said.

"Also, feel free to sit down." Yukio said.

"Thank you." Haiku said as she and Lucy sat on the chair that was the opposite of Yukio's chair.

"Is there anything you two need?" Yukio asked, sounding politely towards to them.

"Yes, I would like to know where you came from." Haiku asked.

"Right." Yukio said, remembering the conversation from the park. "I simply came from a place far away."

"Do your parents even know you're here?" Lucy asked.

"Actually, no." Yukio said. "I never seen my parents before in my life."

That caught Haiku and Lucy's attention.

"What do you mean?" Haiku asked.

"My parents abandoned me when I was little and I was put in an orphanage." Yukio said.

"Aren't you suppose to be there?" Lucy asked.

"Yes, but I always get picked on and the people who run the building, they don't even care for me." Yukio said. "So I ran at the age of 10."

"How long ago was it?" Haiku asked.

"About 2 years ago." Yukio said. "I'm still alive and I've been going around places, trying to find the perfect home for me."

"So, you're now 12 years?" Lucy asked.

"Yeah that's right." Yukio said. "The only thing I have left is my artbook."

"Your dream is to become an artist?" Haiku asked.

"Yes. Not only to show my creativity, but to show the places I've been and the pain I've been through." Yukio simply said.

"Can you show us?" Lucy asked. Yukio obliged by opening his sling backpack and taking out his artbook. He then placed it on the table and turned a couple of pages. He stop at a drawing that shows him all beaten up by the Grim Reaper himself, who was saying "Your time to leave will happen" in the speech bubble.