Chapter 41: Artist Showdown

It is a normal day in Pablo's house. Everyone was in the kitchen, eating breakfast. The good news is that Hunter no longer has to wear a casted foot. He can now walk, but he has to walk carefully.

"It feels good to be back." Hunter said eating french toast, moving his foot freely.

"Remember what the doctor said." Pablo reminded, enjoying his pancakes.

"I remember." Hunter said. "Can I use my bike?"

"On one condition: drive slowly." Pablo answered.

"You got yourself a deal." Hunter answered. Aiden was enjoying his waffles, Perry had eggs and bacon, and Yukio was eating waffles as well.

"Where are you going Hunter?" Aiden asked.

"The mall, that's all." Hunter said.

"Hey, look at this." Pablo said, reading his newspaper. "Royal Woods is having its annual art competition."

Everyone all looked at the headline.

"That seems interesting." Hunter said.

"Hey Yukio, I think you should enter it." Pablo said.

"Me?" Yukio asked.

"Yeah you should." Perry said. "Your drawing skills are incredible."

"Alright then." Yukio said. "I'll do it."

"That's the spirit." Pablo said. Soon, everyone was done with breakfast and Pablo cleaned the dishes while everyone went outside.

"Where are you guys going?" Yukio asked.

"Luna and I are going to play music at the mall." Hunter said.

"For money or fame?" Aiden asked.

"Both." Luna said entering the scene.

"Let's go." Hunter said as he and Luna went over to Hunter's motorcycle.

"Can you drive?" Luna asked.

"Yes, but I have to drive a little slower." Hunter said as he drove off with Luna.

"Well, see you later Yukio." Aiden said as he and Luan, who entered the scene, walked away.

"We're heading to a comedian convention." Luan said as she and Aiden were away from Perry and Yukio.

"I'm heading to the park." Perry said. "Gonna play a game with Lynn, Polly, and a few others." Perry said as he ran away. "Don't forget what Pablo said."

Yukio was now alone, thinking back to what Pablo told him. He took out his art book and examines his work.

"You know what?" Yukio said. "I should."

Yukio then proceeded to walk away and head to the art competition.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After going through his map, Yukio arrived at the location of the art competition. He was in front of the building.

"This is the place." Yukio said, entering the double doors. He look around to see chairs placed for the audience and people setting up their drawings.

"Hello there." A man said with a headset. "Are you interested in competing or you're one of those audience members?"

"I'm here to compete." Yukio said. "If there is room."

"Of course there is." The host said. "Simply create an artwork and we'll have it shown to the audience for display."

"Thanks then." Yukio said, walking towards to the stage.